Pot Luck Book Competition

Discussion in 'Competitions' started by Ageing_Gracefully, Jun 26, 2012.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Ageing_Gracefully

Ageing_Gracefully War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Slightly different competition this time with the prize being any one of 6 books that have been sent to me by Publishers but which have already been reviewed on ARRSE. As ever, the competition is accessed by completing the entry form on SurveyMonkey which can be found here. Very simple questions with easy answers. The winners will be drawn from those who answer the questions correctly and the prize will be one of the books shown below. No particular order and I will select which winner gets which book. Offers in sealed brown envelopes to the usual address! Competition will run until Sunday 14th July which gives plenty of time to enter.

The books are

Kaboom.jpg
    KABOOM
    Hellfire.jpg
    HELLFIRE
    These are all paperback editions and will be a good read for the summer (if we ever get one!) so have a go and give yourself a chance to win some good reading material.​

2. Dunded Again!

3. Done. Happy days.

4. Why do I set myself up? Didded.

5. Done..........

6. Done. Bring on the Summer reading!

7. Done. Had to do a bit more research than normal for some of those questions.

8. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

Done ........................

9. Ageing_Gracefully

Bump..........................

10. Ageing_Gracefully

On Survey Monkey I had said that the competition ends on 8th July whereas it should have read 15th July. SM duly amended.

So plenty of time to get your entries in, after a bit or research.

11. (granny)

(granny) War Hero Book Reviewer

Dunded...!

12. dididit

bloody hell i sound like a coms rating Arrgggg

13. Ageing_Gracefully

Just 25 hours to go in this competition so still plenty of time to look up Google for the correct answers and enter the competition for one of these books.

14. Ageing_Gracefully

The winners of the books are, in no particular order and the book selected is first in the stack as I look at them now - i.e. pot-luck:

• WreckerL - On His Majesty's Service
    • SJRM-RN - What it is like to go to War
    • janner - Hellfire
    • rebbonk - In the Garden of Beasts
    • Mr Fingerz - Kaboom!
    • Ethel the Aardvark - Shadow Force

I will email the winners for their contact addresses and get the books out this week sometime.

The answers are:

Q1 A French rifle like weapon

Q2 Gen 'Straffer' Gott (shot down and killed on his way to take over command - Montgomery sent in as replacement)

Q3 Gen Creighton W Abrams Jr

15. rebbonk

rebbonk Badgeman Book Reviewer

Thanking you.

16. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

Many thanks, quality shines through again (with the exception of Wrecks of course)

17. Ageing_Gracefully

I am obviously not fixing (ooops) I mean drawing these competitions properly 4 : 2 matelots versus pongoes. I will have to check that lottery machine again!!! :)

18. Cheers AG, I trust Janners book comes with colouring crayons and LARGE PRINT.

19. Could have something to do with more matelots being able to read AG, therefore more entering :read2:

20. Book received, muchos grassy arse.