Pot luck - april 2013

Discussion in 'Competitions' started by Ageing_Gracefully, Apr 18, 2013.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Ageing_Gracefully

Ageing_Gracefully War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

This competition is for the chance to win a book which has been sent to me for review but has already been done on one of the sites. Happens a lot especially when the paperback book comes out after reviewing the hardback copy. All these books are new and a grand mixture of fiction and non-fiction. Winners will get the first book I pick off my bookshelf! I have not yet decided how many winners, but there will be a few - I need to clear my bookshelf.

To enter the competition go to Survey Monkey : complete the three extremely simple questions correctly and you will be in with a chance of getting a new book.

The entry form is here: POT LUCK - APRIL 2013 Survey

Competition will run until Sunday 28th April 2013.

2. Entered. Suggest that if Wits wins he should be given a book on " How to make friends and Influence Skimmers"

3. Ageing_Gracefully

I don't think that book has been written yet but if you want to give it a go I will get it reviewed :grin:

4. Entered In !

5. Good for a giggle, in.

6. Good questions! Had to do a bit of digging for the last one, never really thought about it before now.

7. witsend

witsend War Hero Book Reviewer

Who have I upset now?

I have more suggestions for giving out the books. I'm sure there will be a few more for me, which I suspect I can already guess.

Photoshopping 101 - BillyNaePals (A beginners guide to photoshopping)
    Dungeons and Dragons - Blackrat (With the foreword wrote by Josef Fritzl)
    Jenny Craig - Sumo (Watch his dress size drop before your eyes)
    Grumpy Auld C*nt - Rumrat (Written after his giro was stopped)
    Diaries of a Madman - Stirling (Republished)
    The Quran - Pinnottle (More in hope that he converts and drives himself into a wall at 100mph)
    Gok Wans secrets to Style - Frogman007 (Why a 40 something man shouldn't be dressed in speedo's)

If anyones going to whine take it up with trelawney. He laid the seed.

8. witsend

Dealing with Life on the Outside - Stan the Man (Originally for institutionalised prisioners, but this is the armed forces version)
    Buying Stocks & Shares for dummies - ianandnadine (How not to throw your money away buying shares in a team that doesn't exist)
    1001 Mongolian Dirty Words and Phrases - Mongkees fist team (Everything they'll need when bartering at the local house of ill repute)
    Catch the Pigeon - Ninja Stoker (Helping those overcome there fear of flying rats)
    The Maggie Years - Guzzler (A must for every fan of Mrs T)

• Like Like x 1
  9. Ageing_Gracefully

Once again people are not reading the questions - less than a third correct answers at the mo. RTFQ!

Please no PMs regarding this - I won't respond, too much else to do. Answers will be revealed at the end of the competition.

If you have not had a go yet, jump in, it's free!

10. What else do you expect when two thirds entering the competition are submariners:grin:

• Like Like x 1
  11. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

I have the correct answers

12. Ageing_Gracefully

But do they match the correct questions?

13. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

I didn't realise that that was a requirement

• Like Like x 2
  14. You have to match answers with questions??

A-G's never mentioned that before

BuggerBuggerBuggerBugger!

15. Ageing_Gracefully

Sneaky bugger, eh? :laughing3:

16. witsend

So I wasn't meant to count Daniel Day-Lewis?

17. looks like I am in for dress size reduction? does that mean I have to buy a dress?
    Unfortunately there is evidence from a sods opera out there somewhere?

18. Ageing_Gracefully

If I could understand Sumo's post above then I might just reply to it but in the meantime...........

Just 24 hours to go to the end of this competition and still there are only 33.3% correct entries, people are just not reading and understanding the questions.

So if you have not had a go yet there is a good chance of winning if you read, understand then get the questions correct. I am looking forward to putting up the answers tomorrow!

19. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

Done, and on googling your Regimental piss up date either you or the websites I looked at seemed to differ..... (So I guessed)

20. Ageing_Gracefully

Good guess but this is like the TV game, Perfection, I need all three answers to be correct!