Pot luck - april 2013

Ageing_Gracefully

War Hero
Review Editor
Book Reviewer
This competition is for the chance to win a book which has been sent to me for review but has already been done on one of the sites. Happens a lot especially when the paperback book comes out after reviewing the hardback copy. All these books are new and a grand mixture of fiction and non-fiction. Winners will get the first book I pick off my bookshelf! I have not yet decided how many winners, but there will be a few - I need to clear my bookshelf.

To enter the competition go to Survey Monkey : complete the three extremely simple questions correctly and you will be in with a chance of getting a new book.

The entry form is here: POT LUCK - APRIL 2013 Survey

Competition will run until Sunday 28th April 2013.

witsend

MIA
Book Reviewer
Entered. Suggest that if Wits wins he should be given a book on " How to make friends and Influence Skimmers"
Who have I upset now?

I have more suggestions for giving out the books. I'm sure there will be a few more for me, which I suspect I can already guess.

Photoshopping 101 - BillyNaePals (A beginners guide to photoshopping)
Dungeons and Dragons - Blackrat (With the foreword wrote by Josef Fritzl)
Jenny Craig - Sumo (Watch his dress size drop before your eyes)
Grumpy Auld C*nt - Rumrat (Written after his giro was stopped)
Diaries of a Madman - Stirling (Republished)
The Quran - Pinnottle (More in hope that he converts and drives himself into a wall at 100mph)
Gok Wans secrets to Style - Frogman007 (Why a 40 something man shouldn't be dressed in speedo's)

If anyones going to whine take it up with trelawney. He laid the seed.

witsend

MIA
Book Reviewer
Dealing with Life on the Outside - Stan the Man (Originally for institutionalised prisioners, but this is the armed forces version)
Buying Stocks & Shares for dummies - ianandnadine (How not to throw your money away buying shares in a team that doesn't exist)
1001 Mongolian Dirty Words and Phrases - Mongkees fist team (Everything they'll need when bartering at the local house of ill repute)
Catch the Pigeon - Ninja Stoker (Helping those overcome there fear of flying rats)
The Maggie Years - Guzzler (A must for every fan of Mrs T)

Ageing_Gracefully

War Hero
Review Editor
Book Reviewer
Once again people are not reading the questions - less than a third correct answers at the mo. RTFQ!

Please no PMs regarding this - I won't respond, too much else to do. Answers will be revealed at the end of the competition.

If you have not had a go yet, jump in, it's free!

Once again people are not reading the questions - less than a third correct answers at the mo. RTFQ!

Please no PMs regarding this - I won't respond, too much else to do. Answers will be revealed at the end of the competition.

If you have not had a go yet, jump in, it's free!
What else do you expect when two thirds entering the competition are submariners:grin:

looks like I am in for dress size reduction? does that mean I have to buy a dress?
Unfortunately there is evidence from a sods opera out there somewhere?

Ageing_Gracefully

War Hero
Review Editor
Book Reviewer
If I could understand Sumo's post above then I might just reply to it but in the meantime...........

Just 24 hours to go to the end of this competition and still there are only 33.3% correct entries, people are just not reading and understanding the questions.

So if you have not had a go yet there is a good chance of winning if you read, understand then get the questions correct. I am looking forward to putting up the answers tomorrow!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Ageing_Gracefully Competitions 32
Ageing_Gracefully Competitions 21
Ageing_Gracefully Competitions 14