postings???

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by nufc70, May 16, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi just wondering if anyone would be able to answer me this. hopefully if i am to pass out of HMS Raliegh and then complete my trade training at HMS Sultan as a marine engineer where would i be likely to get posted to after that? or is it completely random? was just wondering out of interest really. thanks

2. Posted? Do you mean, drafted? Or are you a Crab?

3. dads in the RAF so i assumed it was called a posting in the navy also. drafting it is though eh :wink:

4. ok i see how it works now. i assumed thats how it might have been. thought maybe newbie ET(ME)'s would go to the same place. would i be 'drafted' straight to a ship after finishing my trade training at HMS Sultan?

5. Just as a note, since the introduction of JPA we are all 'Assigned' now irrespective of Service / Rank / Rate.

6. On a less picky note, and hopefully more helpfully, I would think that you would be almost certain to go to sea to consolidate your training. Standing by to be corrected though, and please don't take that as absolute gospel.