Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Posting for Stores Bashers

Izza77

Midshipman
Just a quick one....are Stores Accountants (Supply Chain Logisticians) posted tao all bases, and if so, is there a more common posting?

Cheers

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
Trooped_Again said:
I don't think they are posted......they usually get a travel warrant!!!

A fair observation as they won't fit through the letterbox, well not without a good run-up.

Truth is Supply Chain Logisticians can be based at any of the conventional drafts, none necessarily more likelly than others, but have the added bonus of sometimes being drafted to tri-service bases too.

The only sea-going anomilly is that they tend to be a bit of a rarity in the mine-hunter/sweeper world.

If it helps my OHs group just got there postings, there where 12 of them but only 11 needed drafts as my OH is a submariner.

2 went to Pompy (very much sort after class leader had choice but wanted Caldrose and then the top 2 scorers went)
2 went to Plymouth
2 went to Faslane
3 went to Yovailton
2 went to Caldrose (would of been 3 of my OH was getting a posting)

Although the CPO did say its normal to get 1 each for Plymouth, Pompy and Faslane and everyone else gets sent to air stations for the 6 months.

Sharon,
Oh my OH just passed his SETT and we move into a SFA in Helensburgh on Monday, cant wait. His SMQ starts Monday to

dustyjack

Lantern Swinger
As well as the usual Devonport/Portsmouth/Air station drafts, have also spent time in the Falklands, Belfast, the middle of the bloody desert in Oman and storing two ships in build in Southampton. Oh I even managed to get some sea time in there as well (But not much lol)

DJ

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D MDHU posting Bases / Shore Est 5
A How long to wait after posting opticians report? Joining the Royal Navy 1
N new to this life! help!!! first posting Finance & Pensions 4
BillyNoMates Image upload/posting test. Bloody Computers 15
G Issue posting as a new member Site Issues 15
janner Problems posting photos Site Issues 3
Handler Wales posting to Stanley Current Affairs 5
G Have you been on a foreign posting as a military spouse? Nearest & Dearest 0
Jarhead Sorry for not posting this earlier... The Corps 3
soleil Woman whose partner has just been KIA posting on Arrse Current Affairs 2
B POSTING PICS Site Issues 0
sussex2 Posting.. Site Issues 3
chieftiff The RR Art debate poll, please read post 1 before posting. Films, Music, TV & All Things Artsy 30
2 Posting difficulty Site Issues 1
P Newbie Posting Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 11
skyvet Picture Posting Site Issues 6
D Welcome to RR - a few rules before posting Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 72
slim Should Slim keep posting on Rum Ration Diamond Lil's 83
silverfox RR picture posting for Dummies Site Issues 21
B POSTING A PIC SEE IF THIS WORKS Site Issues 19
B POSTING PICS Diamond Lil's 5
F P.C refusing posting to Israel embassy Current Affairs 2
andym posting pictures on site. Site Issues 9
Vesper Posting? The Quarterdeck 2
D Please read before posting! Nearest & Dearest 17
D ROE - Please read before posting The Quarterdeck 20
Bad CO Guest Posting Site Issues 4
MoD_RSS Meet the Code Compliance Officer for Asda Stores Limited MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Thousands of high street shops, department stores and shopping centres to reopen safely in England MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK pet product company stocked in 600 Canadian stores MoD News 0
M Clothing from Stores The Quarterdeck 17
S info on naval stores The Quarterdeck 8
DemobJob LOGISTICS AND STORES CO-ORDINATOR - AYLESBURY The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
Sgt Jobsearch Logistics and Stores Co-ordinator - Aylesbury - £Negotiable DOE The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
Sgt Jobsearch Stores Person - Milton Keynes - £18,000 - £20,000 + benefits The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
Sgt Jobsearch Stores Supervisor - Grantham - £19,033 starting salary The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
DemobJob Stores Controller - Colchester - £21,000 to £25,000 The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
Sgt Jobsearch Technical Stores Supervisor - Kent - £25,790.78 + benefits The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
ForcesJobShop Stores/Stock Controller / Buyer, Surrey The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
scouse Help wanted stores numbers Diamond Lil's 26
BFRS Stores Manager The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
DemobJob Military Stores Officer required in Blackwater Surrey - URGENT The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
ForcesJobShop Employment Opportunity: Stores Person J4/G4 The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
Y Royal Navy Stores Accountants, Jack Dustys or Logistics Supply Chain Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 1
Y Stores Accountant (Logistics Supply Chain) Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 1
Capn_Pugwash THE STRANGEST/FUNNIEST THING YOU HAVE FOUND IN STORES? The Quarterdeck 45
BillyNoMates The Clog-bashers Submariners 0
Streaky Skate Bashers Diamond Lil's 3