Posthumous VC and George Cross

noemis

Lantern Swinger
Just watched the BBC's news at 10.

Tony has been a bad boy and got away with it, BAe have been bad boys and got away with it, some git is killing prostitutes in Ipswich and getting away with it, but nothing about the award of a VC and a George Cross.

These medals are a big deal!! in total 134 medals have been awarded today for valour etc including a Bootneck pilot flying with crabair!!

http://www.mod.uk/DefenceInternet/D...geCrossAwardedForParaHeroismInAfghanistan.htm

As you can see from the link, it was published in plenty of time for the evening news, but the BBC prefer to bleat on about how innocent Blair is and that he is a witness not a suspect. Is it the BBC or is the nation truly not interested in what the armed forces do in their name!!

Missed by many is the first female MC for saving the life of a fellow soldier, including getting him out of a warrior turret I understand. She can be on my watch anywhere

noemis

Lantern Swinger
stirling said:
Noemis.....the postumous VC was covered at length on the 1800 BBC news.

Sorry, still at work like thousands of others. I find it amazing that a 9 year old story was considered more news worthy than this!

Maxi_77 said:
Missed by many is the first female MC for saving the life of a fellow soldier, including getting him out of a warrior turret I understand. She can be on my watch anywhere

Was wondering on that story where is the link.

Nice to see the Ladies are not being forgotten.

noemis

Lantern Swinger
I only wish the MOD would publish the citations, there have been some outstanding acts of bravery from all arms of the forces and, no doubt, some that haven't been recognised.

My heart goes out to all those who have paid the ultimate price and their families. We shouldn't forget those who have been terribly injured. And for those who have earned the rewards.... BZ!! Your efforts haven't gone un-noticed or unappreciated by me. I've made sure I've told everyone I know, stuff the BBC!!

dondon

MIA
Maxi_77 said:

And mine "Maxi_77" , so impressed with her and also all the others out there , restores my faith in that generation somewhat , nothing but contempt for Bliars and co , ********* , :twisted:

BZ to the forces out in theatre though , my thoughts are with you all ,