Why is it when MODs start to lose the the plot they lock the post.
Like slim IMHO they are losing the plot and ask you to PM Mods as I am known to be against secrecy here is the PM I have just sent Ghost Rider.slim said:Why is it when MODs start to lose the the plot they lock the post.
I think deeps that this is the type of attitude which is p!ssing blokes offDeeps said:Bloody hell give it a rest, do you think us MODS sit together at our computers thinking of ways to feck everyone off . Get a life, if you dont like the Moderation policy feck off . Please at least try to go with the flow on this site. I have never met any of the MODS , I dont know them , so there is no little gang. Get over it and post something decent instead of whinging whining drivel . I have a good topic for you .put it in the Submariners forum and title it ''Why is the mod for this Submariners forum such a knob'' .
No I think he is talking to the same old whinging, whining, tediously f*cking boring tools who are repeatedly posting the same old crapshag_shacker said:whoa
"are you talking to me"
I stand by my closing few lines. If this topic does not appear to be contributing further to the debate, it will be culled. For the moment, though, I'd like to see some form of sensible response from everyone on this. There will be little latitude, though, and if this goes off-topic even slightly, its gone!I said:Nutty,
I'll try and address your points in sequence:
1. It is most definitely NOT the case that if the thread gets difficult it gets locked. The reason the thread was locked is, I hope, clear from my post... I do not see any further contributions being forthcoming with any different viewpoints than those already posted. I therefore locked the threads to prevent it ending in simply a slagging match between various users.
2. It was not until recently that I noticed the topic about the poll ref AAC being a moderator. As soon as I realised it existed, I posted the link (just after Bad CO's post) and admitted I had missed it first time round, and that it was my mistake that it was missed.
3. It is also not the case that Moderators stick together simply because we are Moderators. If there is healthy debate to be had, I'd quite happily play devil's advocate if I held opposing views. It is coincidental that, as I moderate and admin several other websites I simply don't have the time to engage fully on Rum Ration and remain simply a good point of reference for some of the Technical queries. In that respect, I am probably the LEAST likely moderator to "stick up" for another Mod simply on the basis of that fact.
4. I sometime prefer that information is passed via PM rather than posted in open forum for two reasons. Firstly, I can direct a more personal response to specific queries posted to me. Secondly, it does not detract from the general chat on the forums and lead to a thread being dragged off-topic. Of course a third reason is to ensure that any "censure" directed to a user for failing to comply with site policy is done in private, not in public, and therefore may be less embarrasing for the respective user.
5. If, after reading anything I have written here, you believe this warrants further public debate, and will contribute to the orderly running of the site, please feel free to create a new topic in the Site Issues forum. Rest assured it will not simply "vanish" becuase I have locked the other topics. Beware, though, if I believe that further posts are raised which do not contribute any further than the two locked topics do already, then the new posts will be removed for that reason.
6. I hope this goes some way to clearing my position on this. I certainly do not wish any user to misinterpret my motivations nor my moderation style. I simply wish to ensure the site does not simply end up with a witch-hunt against a small minority.
|Thread starter||Similar threads||Forum||Replies||Date|
|Education Secretary says post-16 options better than ever, as GCSE results released||MoD News||0|
|UK and Korea to sign trade continuity deal to ensure businesses are ready to trade post-Brexit||MoD News||0|
|Turks and Caicos: post-cabinet meeting statement 7 August 2019||MoD News||0|