Post interview and start dates

Discussion in 'RFA' started by goosefromryhope, Aug 24, 2014.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi.

Communications Rating interview is 1 September.

Not one to get ahead of myself, but what happens after that?

When would I expect to do medical and if again if all ok at medical what is likely start date?

Thank you all.
  2. I'm not going to tell you, this is the sort of thing you ask at interview.

Heck, it even gives you something to say when your asked if you've got any questions.
  3. Bleeh is right. Use it as your questions.
  4. Thanks for replies. And yeah it makes sense to have a few questions to ask.
  5. There are 2 intakes per year. April and September. I was interviewed in Jan and started in Apr.
  6. So Mrecho84 does that mean, presuming we passed the interview security check etc that we would be starting in April now? Or would it be the end of September?
  7. exJenny

exJenny War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

If successful you would have to get security clearance, medical, vaccinations if required, references. SC can take a while to come through. You'd be lucky to start end of November let alone September.
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2014
  8. Ah ok cheers for the info! Does anyone know if there is a fixed start date though? Also what does the Security Clearance involve, is that like the Medical where we arrange it ourselves/go somewhere to answer some questions or is it all done automatically as it were?
  9. exJenny

A link to the SC website is sent to successful applicants. Doesn't take long to complete it online. It takes about 4 weeks to receive clearance judging by previous threads regarding SC.
  10. Ah ok great! Thanks again for the information!
  11. This September group is recruited already. They recruit both intakes at the same time
  12. Oh well. Today's the day. Interview at 10am.
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Good luck :)
  14. Hey, sorry if Im being dense, but does that mean that the people who are going to interview this week/month would be looking at something around an April start date then?
  15. exJenny

They interviewed in January this year for courses starting in April and September this year. There could be a course starting in January next year if they are recruiting now. Like the RN, the RFA stopped recruitment for all rating roles for a while. They are now increasing manpower, hence the influx of interest on this forum over the last 18 months or so.
    Give recruitment a call if you want to know likely start dates.
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2014
    • Informative Informative x 1
  16. Great! thanks for the info!
  17. Just had interview. Start date is 5 January 2015.
  18. What was your interview like? Fingers crossed x
  19. Seemed to go pretty well. Answered majority of questions comfortably. One or two had me stuck or I only knew part of the answer. Which I was disappointed with but hard to know everything they gonna ask I suppose.

Find out by mid October time.
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Ah ok cool, glad its not April have been waiting for ages for this! Good to hear your interview went well got mine coming up this Wednesday