Post Deployment - Submarines

shadyhawk

Midshipman
After a submarines deployment do the crew go straight back home?

Are you provided with vitamin D during the deployment?

I know these would likely be answered if I get in.

Cheers

Alfacharlie

War Hero

Cheers
I think vitamin D will be provided by your scran.
However, being a skimmer, I’ve no idea. Maybe showering???

Sumo

War Hero
Depends on duty, if duty first night in you cannot go home, also depends where home is. If outside base port area, you can't always go straight home, RN needs come first. VIT D no idea.

WreckerL

War Hero
Super Moderator
Vitamin D is not issued, nothing to stop you taking some with you. As Sumo says it depends where home is. When the boat gets back from sea it's normally to start a maintenance period, the ships company don't all pick up their grips and go home, Bombers have a handover period and SSN's will have a 5th watch (if they're lucky).

You will get weekends off and your annual leave but when you can take that depends on the programme, as already stated.

Don't listen to AC, showering is optional alongside ;)

Tigerpaw

Lantern Swinger

Cheers
The sickbay will take vitD, but you have to tell them you want it. As WreckerL said, there's nothing stopping you taking your own.

Most of the crew will go home for some decompression time, but there's still gash to ditch when arriving back and there will be a duty watch that has to stay on board..
.difficult not to be vague as the routines differ slightly between the various classes of boat

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

WreckerL

War Hero
Super Moderator
The sickbay will take vitD, but you have to tell them you want it. As WreckerL said, there's nothing stopping you taking your own.

Most of the crew will go home for some decompression time, but there's still gash to ditch when arriving back and there will be a duty watch that has to stay on board..
.difficult not to be vague as the routines differ slightly between the various classes of boat

Are you serving @Tigerpaw, I only ask because of the wording you use like "crew" and not ships company, also "sickbay" which I'm guessing is a bomber thing.

Tigerpaw

Lantern Swinger
Are you serving @Tigerpaw, I only ask because of the wording you use like "crew" and not ships company, also "sickbay" which I'm guessing is a bomber thing.
I wrote crew out of sheer laziness! Still referred to as ship's company..or at least it was when I was on bombers.

Latest Threads