Tex

Lantern Swinger
She's certainly good at delegating. She will go far if she gets in.
The Arctic Circle looks promising. The navy is to concentrate its forces in that direction. At least the cold will give the Daring's an opportunity to work efficiently

SeaHawk14

Midshipman
Hi

Posting on behalf of my daughter, a question I would like to know!

She has been put forward for AIB, probably a long wait ahead.

I’m sure she will do well, but if she doesn’t pass what are the options? She is applying for HM, and wants to be in that branch, so if she failed AIB, could she then go in as a rating or would she have to start the process all over again and join the back of the queue? I know there is also a long wait for rating entry for that branch.

Could she have 2 applications running alongside each other, Officer and Rating?

I look forward to hearing from someone who can help answer these questions.

Thank you
Hi Jules,

If she fails AIB she will get debriefed and informed of her options. As I understand it they provide feedback to the extent of whether it's just a matter of improving here and there, or whether to reconsider the officer route all-together. She can go in as a Rating without having to restart the process, they'd switch her application so most of the process will be skipped.

I'm not entirely sure whether you can have simultaneous applications but they're very different roles and lifestyles and I imagine hard questions maybe posed as to her motivations as an Officer for leadership and responsibility if she's also got an application as a rating. They're very different things. I'd advise to wait for the result from AIB first and then decide, depending on her motivations and drive for Officer if she's willing to wait around and attempt it again or would rather go in as a Rating.

Regards,

SH

Julesrobo

Midshipman
Hi Jules,

If she fails AIB she will get debriefed and informed of her options. As I understand it they provide feedback to the extent of whether it's just a matter of improving here and there, or whether to reconsider the officer route all-together. She can go in as a Rating without having to restart the process, they'd switch her application so most of the process will be skipped.

I'm not entirely sure whether you can have simultaneous applications but they're very different roles and lifestyles and I imagine hard questions maybe posed as to her motivations as an Officer for leadership and responsibility if she's also got an application as a rating. They're very different things. I'd advise to wait for the result from AIB first and then decide, depending on her motivations and drive for Officer if she's willing to wait around and attempt it again or would rather go in as a Rating.

Regards,

SH
That’s great, thank you so much for the clarification.

It’s just a long waiting game for AIB now.

Thanks again!