Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Possible medical discharge.

Oldgit9

Nearly two years ago, I was made P3P because of my ongoing bad back problem. Since then, I have developed a knee and foot problems. Which I'm currently seeking advice.

If, with the conjunction of my back problem, the medical staff decide that I need NBOS, what would be my entitlements and pention be? if they decide that my services would no longer required.

I have been in the navy for 13 years and been a LH for just over a year and I am not OPS. I also live in married quarters with a young family. I have been asking for some advice from different DO's onbord my ship. But none of them could give me a definitive answer or advice.

Oldgit9

Thanks for the reply.

I know that pensions are a bit of a minefield. I forgot to mention, that I'm on the old 75 pension.

One thing I'm confused about, is that if I was to be NBOS out, I know I will get some kind of pension. I have been told a lot of things most say that I would get a full (22 year) pension and some. But all this, is 2 deck buzzes.

It's good to know that I/we will have the house for a little time after I leave. At leat my family will have a roof over their heads for a bit.

I also forgot to ask about resettlement. Would the termination date be extended or taken into account?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
P Possible medical issue Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 4
R Failed medical, reapplying or possible redo-medical? Joining the Royal Navy 2
T RN Medical and possible hold-ups/preemptive measures Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
lee909 Possible medical issue? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
R Medical Assistant - possible career The Fleet 15
MoD_RSS All possible measures to be taken before schools and colleges close MoD News 0
MoD_RSS The fairest possible way to recognise students’ achievements this year - by Roger Taylor, Chair MoD News 0
NavyStuff2020 Post Removed (As best as possible) Joining the Royal Navy 25
F Possible Rejoin - SE Officer opportunities RFA 1
MoD_RSS New guidance for households with possible COVID-19 infection MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Possible Israeli annexation of the West Bank: Foreign Secretary statement MoD News 0
C If possible, I would like to get in touch with anyone who served as a Royal Navy Officer prior to 1993 please. The Quarterdeck 27
MoD_RSS Joint statement on possible annexation of areas in the West Bank MoD News 0
M Possible to defer confirmed entry? Joining the Royal Navy 0
MoD_RSS We need national debate on rare diseases to offer the best possible care MoD News 0
1 Lateral transfer into the RN; possible? What if trained in RN? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 9
MoD_RSS Speech: Making science work, together: how can we build the best possible future for science, research and innovation in the UK? MoD News 0
M ARTIFICERS 803 Entry - possible 40th year reunion Social & Reunions 0
T Is it still possible to do a WE PWO hybrid? The Fleet 5
NateDogg Help with possible debt problem please? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 15
captain turnip t31 possible The Gash Barge 70
P Possible drafts or transfer opportunities Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 27
L Possible to be URNU TO and in RNR? Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 9
V Possible Naval box found in attic History 5
slim Is it possible to reprom Old Farts to accept New RN Ways Diamond Lil's 121
K Possible Bloater Blogs 6
S Is this possible within the Submarine service? Submariners 22
J Is it possible to change branch? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 8
R Rare Pneumonia now a possible discharge! Health & Fitness 4
B still possible? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 12
M Possible Old Tattoo Equipment History 29
wave_dodger Will possible US intervention unveil new weapons systems Current Affairs 10
K Possible branch change Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 23
K Interview - possible questions Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 6
SARKING Possible XCraft found in Foyle Submariners 14
T-H Possible knee issues. Health & Fitness 3
Ali_Ramsey A request for help...if possible Gaming 4
oldseadog Is it possible ... The Corps 9
S Little info if possible! Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 9
trelawney126 More Potential Cuts Possible Current Affairs 0
thereverend Scared off a possible burglar last night. Diamond Lil's 23
N Is it possible? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 15
Gollum Branch transfer possible? Submariners 22
rod-gearing Researching a possible Walt Diamond Lil's 18
A Associateship - Is it possible? Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 5
soleil Schumacher in the frame as possible replacement for Massa Sports and Adventure Training 9
Scouse_Scribes Possible Army Recruiting C*&k Up The Quarterdeck 1
A Possible jobs in the Royal Navy Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
BloodyPirate! AET Possible outlook!! Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 42
Scarface2009 Is this possible? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3