Possible medical discharge.

Discussion in 'UPO' started by Oldgit9, Jan 14, 2012.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Nearly two years ago, I was made P3P because of my ongoing bad back problem. Since then, I have developed a knee and foot problems. Which I'm currently seeking advice.

If, with the conjunction of my back problem, the medical staff decide that I need NBOS, what would be my entitlements and pention be? if they decide that my services would no longer required.

I have been in the navy for 13 years and been a LH for just over a year and I am not OPS. I also live in married quarters with a young family. I have been asking for some advice from different DO's onbord my ship. But none of them could give me a definitive answer or advice.

2. Thanks for the reply.

I know that pensions are a bit of a minefield. I forgot to mention, that I'm on the old 75 pension.

One thing I'm confused about, is that if I was to be NBOS out, I know I will get some kind of pension. I have been told a lot of things most say that I would get a full (22 year) pension and some. But all this, is 2 deck buzzes.

It's good to know that I/we will have the house for a little time after I leave. At leat my family will have a roof over their heads for a bit.

I also forgot to ask about resettlement. Would the termination date be extended or taken into account?