Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Possible Canadian RM Walt alert...help needed

canuck_sapper

Midshipman
Dear all,

On another military forum I frequent, there is a chap claiming to be ex 'Joint Training Cadre (RM), Mountain Warfare Troop ''O grade instructor'' and IC Zulu Troop'.

Being ex Royal Engineers myself, and having worked briefly with Royal, this got my hackles up. I want to ask, was there ever such a thing as a Royal Marine Joint Training Initiative?

He also claims to have done P-coy.

Also, what is a good way to catch him out? Colour of the boathouse type question is what I'm thinking!

Many thanks from a pongo

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
Old numbers (pre JPA) were usually prefixed P0, 5 more digits & ended in a letter, similar to: P067335M for example

lukep

War Hero
Ask him his first 2 numbers ie PO 55..... and what year he supposedly joined. write the result on here and you will find out in 2 minutes.

He's obviously making alot of noise over there gripping ur sh1t haha

canuck_sapper

Midshipman
ok he says his RM service number is 205*** ( told him to replace the stars to keep anonymous), and that he joined at Southsea. He rejoined at Eastney, and the second time his service number was 206***. Would he not keep the original number?

canuck_sapper

Midshipman
Ok now he is saying there was a proposed amalgamation of RM & Parachute Regiment in the late 70's? He attended P-coy for this, but was already winged up???????

A

angrydoc

It's quite funny reading!
BTW the whole service number thing is a pile of crap: N does not stand for Navy! And yes, Officers do have Service Numbers!

canuck_sapper

Midshipman
Thanks, I first smelt a fish (walteye???) reading his bizarre balkans story killing 'stags'.

So would he have done P-coy? I was always told attendance on the Commando Course counted as P-coy, therefore holders of the dagger could go straight to BPC.

danny

War Hero
canuck_sapper said:
Thanks, I first smelt a fish (walteye???) reading his bizarre balkans story killing 'stags'.

So would he have done P-coy? I was always told attendance on the Commando Course counted as P-coy, therefore holders of the dagger could go straight to BPC.

I have heard of REME commandos doing p coy as well. Not that they have to just that they want to dodge time in batalians.
So he may have sounds unlikely though.

lukep

War Hero
I read the whole thread the guy is a complete chopper. He has done his research but thats about it, He namedrops a few random places but hardly any of it makes any sense. He reckons RM officers don't have service numbers. Starts talking about Commachio group out of poole apparently and then at the end he cockily say's he will take any doubters to Condor to meet the MAAW cadre. Thats news to me i spent 5 years in Condor and there Is'nt any MAAW section in any of the commando units Drinking tea and tying knots except for the company ML2's, the ML1's in Recce troop or the unit ML . Name dropping Walter mitty cnut i imagine he joined RM training and probably got binned. I dont doubt there has been the odd bootneck who did P coy but i have never met or heard of one.
No self respecting bootneck would ever bleat on this much about airbourne related topics, 3 para mortars, Airbourne brotherhood blaa blaa blaa Bore off nobber!.
His wild fantasistic war story at the begining is awesome mind but utter waltish drivvel. Liked the bit about the youngun touching his Canadian flash and almost cumming in his pants hahaha.
Canuck sapper please cut and paste this mate and put it on your forum i couldnt be arsed registering pal.
Its also intresting to see how nobody on the forum can relate to his awesome contact story. Usually somebody could relate to it but not this time. How much drivvel can one man create about sentry killing??

WALT CNUT! Come over to my underwear drawer chodmeister and maybe i will introduce to my my Airborne stained bellend.

lsadirty

War Hero
Kinnell, an amalgamation of John Wayne, Arnold Schwarzeneger and Bruce Willis all in one body - ain't we lucky he's on our side. Perhaps if we sent him to somewhere hot and sandy, we could withdraw half the coalition forces, retaining only enough to fill the body bags he would fill. What a dozy James Hunt, thinking he could bullshite like that and get away with it.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MoD_RSS All possible measures to be taken before schools and colleges close MoD News 0
MoD_RSS The fairest possible way to recognise students’ achievements this year - by Roger Taylor, Chair MoD News 0
NavyStuff2020 Post Removed (As best as possible) Joining the Royal Navy 25
F Possible Rejoin - SE Officer opportunities RFA 1
MoD_RSS New guidance for households with possible COVID-19 infection MoD News 0
P Possible medical issue Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 4
MoD_RSS Possible Israeli annexation of the West Bank: Foreign Secretary statement MoD News 0
C If possible, I would like to get in touch with anyone who served as a Royal Navy Officer prior to 1993 please. The Quarterdeck 27
MoD_RSS Joint statement on possible annexation of areas in the West Bank MoD News 0
M Possible to defer confirmed entry? Joining the Royal Navy 0
MoD_RSS We need national debate on rare diseases to offer the best possible care MoD News 0
1 Lateral transfer into the RN; possible? What if trained in RN? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 9
MoD_RSS Speech: Making science work, together: how can we build the best possible future for science, research and innovation in the UK? MoD News 0
R Failed medical, reapplying or possible redo-medical? Joining the Royal Navy 2
M ARTIFICERS 803 Entry - possible 40th year reunion Social & Reunions 0
T Is it still possible to do a WE PWO hybrid? The Fleet 5
NateDogg Help with possible debt problem please? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 15
captain turnip t31 possible The Gash Barge 70
P Possible drafts or transfer opportunities Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 27
T RN Medical and possible hold-ups/preemptive measures Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
L Possible to be URNU TO and in RNR? Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 9
V Possible Naval box found in attic History 5
slim Is it possible to reprom Old Farts to accept New RN Ways Diamond Lil's 121
K Possible Bloater Blogs 6
S Is this possible within the Submarine service? Submariners 22
J Is it possible to change branch? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 8
lee909 Possible medical issue? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
R Rare Pneumonia now a possible discharge! Health & Fitness 4
B still possible? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 12
M Possible Old Tattoo Equipment History 29
wave_dodger Will possible US intervention unveil new weapons systems Current Affairs 10
K Possible branch change Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 23
K Interview - possible questions Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 6
SARKING Possible XCraft found in Foyle Submariners 14
O Possible medical discharge. UPO 1
T-H Possible knee issues. Health & Fitness 3
Ali_Ramsey A request for help...if possible Gaming 4
oldseadog Is it possible ... The Corps 9
S Little info if possible! Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 9
trelawney126 More Potential Cuts Possible Current Affairs 0
thereverend Scared off a possible burglar last night. Diamond Lil's 23
N Is it possible? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 15
Gollum Branch transfer possible? Submariners 22
rod-gearing Researching a possible Walt Diamond Lil's 18
A Associateship - Is it possible? Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 5
soleil Schumacher in the frame as possible replacement for Massa Sports and Adventure Training 9
Scouse_Scribes Possible Army Recruiting C*&k Up The Quarterdeck 1
A Possible jobs in the Royal Navy Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
BloodyPirate! AET Possible outlook!! Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 42
Scarface2009 Is this possible? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3