POs leadership course at Royal Arthur.............

I was there in 1971 and only have vague memories; of wooden huts; the Cliff and Chasm Run; the civvy chap, "General" Booth, who had notes for every lecture under the sun. I did Palmistry! Runs ashore at the Labour club in Melksham (strippers); being warned by the MAA about a bird called "The Wasp"; vicious games of deck hockey. Err, that's it for now.

chieftiff

War Hero
wardmaster said:
I was there in 1971 and only have vague memories; of wooden huts; the Cliff and Chasm Run; the civvy chap, "General" Booth, who had notes for every lecture under the sun. I did Palmistry! Runs ashore at the Labour club in Melksham (strippers); being warned by the MAA about a bird called "The Wasp"; vicious games of deck hockey. Err, that's it for now.

It's of credit to your medical skills that you are still alive Wardmaster. :lol:

Polycell

War Hero
I was there '76 there was a club down the road called The Flamingo (Flaming Joes as we called it) F troop used to attend a bunch of renegade Army wifes. Can't remember much about the course but the runs ashore were something else!!

I was there in '79. Nearly didn't get married 'cos of a lovely girl from Bath. F troop....Flaming Joes.......we also had six weeks of it then.....great times, thoroughly enjoyed it.

2badge_mango

War Hero
I was there in '67 (no terminal jokes please), and managed to pull a local bird for my six week holiday. The best recollection was drawing your tot at 1600 after the pain of the day had ceased, and then trying to talk yourself out of ANOTHER run ashore once you'd downed it.
Also arriving back at "the digs" after the Black Mountains walk and being presented with TWO tots 'cause you'd missed yesterday's issue!

2BM