Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Portsmouth News: "Royal Navy Praised For Protecting UK’s Most-Beloved Dish On Fish And Chips Day 2018"

soleil

War Hero
Royal Navy sailors were given a tasty treat for their efforts in safeguarding the core ingredient of Britain’s national dish – fish and chips.

Officers and ratings from the navy’s fishery protection squadron queued together to get their free portion of the UK’s favourite dish.

It was all part of national Fish and Chips Day, with this year’s celebration focusing on the critical role the Senior Service plays in defending British fish stocks at sea.

Crews from across Portsmouth Naval Base flocked to bag their take-aways, provided by family-run chippy, Long Johns, based in Dorset.

https://www.portsmouth.co.uk/news/d...ved-dish-on-fish-and-chips-day-2018-1-8519282

Utter nonsense. I saw it on the BBC news, bimbled across Pompey dockyard to HMS Mersey on Fountain Lake Jetty, found the chippy wagon, asked if they were selling any and they said "We're not open for three hours".

FFS, it was 9:00am and I needed breakfast :(

Total swizz.

Utter nonsense. I saw it on the BBC news, bimbled across Pompey dockyard to HMS Mersey on Fountain Lake Jetty, found the chippy wagon, asked if they were selling any and they said "We're not open for three hours".

FFS, it was 9:00am and I needed breakfast :(

Total swizz.

I hope that you did get some when they opened, Ninja.

Dearly beloved fish and chips. It’s your national dish because the Pompey News says so. Yesterday it was roast beef and the day before that it was chicken korma. “Officers and Ratings queued together....” How egalitarian.

Reading ‘News’ stories like this is like being bukkaked with stupid.

Latest Threads