PORTSMOUTH MP's Assistant is a Spy?

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by BreathingOutOnTheWayUp, Dec 6, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. <<PORTSMOUTH MP Mike Hancock has denied his assistant is a Russian spy.
    It comes as a newspaper reports that she is facing deportation from the UK after security services arrested her on suspicion of espionage.>>

Was he too busy being both an MP & a City Councilor to realise that her appointment might indicate a serious lack of political judgement?

Or was he just gullible bait for a potential honey trap sting?

At the risk of being labelled cynical, I'd suggest BOTH!!
  2. Jeez if he was the victim of a honey trap I recon he was severely short changed.
  3. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

As stated (above) earlier, at least he only works on the defence select committee, so erm, nothing important with regard national security.

This political party seem to be acting like a script from an Ealing comedy farce with regard tuition fees and now this numpty.

Strikes me as strange that MPs employ foreign nationals in posts that potentially facilitate access to classified material, then wonder why they accept a lower than average wage.
  4. Portsmiff/Russian/Hancock/Security....must bring a light on in the dimmist spooks brain
    We need a slap for this one
  5. Not really Bond girl material is she.
  6. I understand that he was dumped as the Chair of the Commons (?) Russian Committee for being pro-Putin. And don't you think that she would have had to get a security pass (and possibly be vetted) to work there? And don't you think that would have made alarm bells ring in the security world? yes to both and clearly they have been watching her for some time.
  7. Ninja_Stoker

An albino, Meester Bond?

Hence the term "aftercare incident reporting".

It must've been a deliberate trap as an MP wouldn't be completely stupid, would they?

Then again: http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...-aide-for-months/story-e6frg6so-1225966294465

8. Ah, the Daily Mail. A hotbed of misogyny, press-release advertising recycled as news, outright lies intended to spark indignation in the kind of person who reads it, and their never-ending quest to group all substances and activities in the universe as either causing or curing cancer (brilliantly, sometimes both). Good for a laugh but not to be taken seriously :)
  9. If it’s true then the mind boggling part of this security services FU is that she is actually allowed to appeal against her deportation, licence to print money lawyers win again.
  10. I wish they'd deport him..... as for her, I've seen more meat on a butchers pencil ! :roll:
  11. She grew up near the southern border with Georgia, basically the main stomping ground for Russian spies, saboteurs and agitators. Not dodgy at all :roll:
  12. I doubt if MI5 will want us to dwell too long on a how young Rusian woman got to be able to run free in the HofP for three years.Similarly Mr Hancock must be very naive when he says that he doesn't get to see anything classified so the Russians would not be interested in him.
  13. The latest from The Mail (but, as Uncle Albert has said, is apparently only 'Good for a laugh but not to be taken seriously'):

<<The KGB’s former London station chief said the 25-year-old was working undercover for Russian foreign intelligence, the SVR. Mr Gordievsky, 72, said: ‘She gathered information about British naval bases around the world.

‘She asked important military questions, passed them to the MP, who then pushed them up the chain. Once answers arrived, she read them, re-wrote them, copied, and passed the copies to KGB agents.’

The claims by Mr Gordievsky, who has maintained close links with the international security community since fleeing Russia to the UK 25 years ago, were made in an interview last week with Russia’s Radio Svoboda.>>

Further Viewing at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8dNxK_wslqo
  14. Ninja_Stoker

It's surprising Hancock still has a job, but then again the security services prefer to know who their adversaries are, rather than displace one and then have to track an unknown replacement. (Bin Laden being an obvious case in point - or is that a double-bluff?).

It was amusing to hear some of his constituents vouch for the fact he's a "really nice chap, very popular" - he even voted against tuition fees, swoon. Funnily enough, even the fat bald bloke (Bond Villain - For Your Eyes Only) was nice to his cat, whilst trying to annihilate civilisation, so it would follow that to remain an MP, you need to gain the popular vote, even if you're a 'baddie'. :wink:
  15. Seaweed

Seaweed War Hero Book Reviewer

Ninja, he's a Limp Dim, and apart from the dimness showing up in his response to this debacle, it's why people vote for him - because they are STUPID.
  16. Has to be said..... preferred the other spy bint that got sent back to russia earlier in the year. Easier on the eyes :)
  17. Either that or it was a tactical vote to keep the Tories oot.
  18. Ninja_Stoker

He may be nominally Lib Dem in his day job, but he's shown a distinct historical lean to the extreme left of Labour.