Port or Starboard

Port or Starboard

• Total voters

kingoftwigs

War Hero
In the spirit of some of todats threads (roundheads/cavaliers & WOTR's) how about Port of Starboard watch?
Me, 2nd Stbd everytime! :razz:

Is there any red port left Chief?

Port every time :smile: :grin: ...preferably after dinner in a large glass, in the company of congenial friends!

Always worked on Port Watches just how it happened. Unfortunately now I work with the Crabs it A or B and 1 or 2 shifts.
How dare we mention anything remotely nautical, after a while you realise its just easier to go along with it.
AND BREAK THEM DOWN IN OTHER WAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

slim

War Hero
Ex wafu. Three watches at sea and 24 about ashore when working on fixed wing. Great watch keeping system.
Watch on stop on when on a ships flight. Load of crap!

Standard_Bearer

Lantern Swinger
I was special duties (Blue card)!
Never did a watch in my seagoing career only in barracks!
Did 3 Christmas duties (second leave best) in the UK spent 4 Christmases abroad. East of Suez!! Thats when we had a navy and could afford to send ships to the Pacific....

chockhead819

War Hero
i did 8 chrimbos in 10 years, supposed to work 24 about but usually good oppo so worked 7 days on 7 days off, followed by 2 weeks leave.

RoofRat

War Hero
Ex wafu. Flight Deck Watches at sea ( nothing like Fishhead watches) and 24 about ashore when working on Fire Stations.
Had a couple of Blue Carders ashore in my time.
RoofRat

moondog

War Hero
Never kept a watch on my last few ships,always wangled SSFP.
Though while serving on a Ton class as a an Lmem(L) I was made to keep middles and mornings on the bridge.I suspect to keep the OOW company.
No use to anyone! Though I could use a pair of binoculars and make tea!