Port or Starboard

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by kingoftwigs, Mar 25, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

?
  1. Port

100.0%
  2. Stbd

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. In the spirit of some of todats threads (roundheads/cavaliers & WOTR's) how about Port of Starboard watch?
    Me, 2nd Stbd everytime! :razz:

2. One in three west country for me :grin:

3. Is there any red port left Chief?

Port every time :smile: :grin: ...preferably after dinner in a large glass, in the company of congenial friends!

4. Pass the Port Steve.

2BM

5. Blue Card He He He

6. Never had a Port watch, almost entirely Starboard 2 or S/Duties (Blue).

7. Tends to be Accurist for me these days.

8. Always worked on Port Watches just how it happened. Unfortunately now I work with the Crabs it A or B and 1 or 2 shifts.
    How dare we mention anything remotely nautical, after a while you realise its just easier to go along with it.
    AND BREAK THEM DOWN IN OTHER WAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. Boats
    1 in 3 when at sea
    1 in 4 when ashore

Nutty

10. Predominately in STBD watch, but being a comms rating I spent the majority of my time 1 in 3.

11. 2nd STBD, it's the way forward, ive heard port watch sit down to pi** and eat chicken korma

12. Chicken Madras, bombay spuds and a keema nan for me.....after the last dog watch.

13. Ex wafu. Three watches at sea and 24 about ashore when working on fixed wing. Great watch keeping system.
    Watch on stop on when on a ships flight. Load of crap!

14. I was special duties (Blue card)!
    Never did a watch in my seagoing career only in barracks!
    Did 3 Christmas duties (second leave best) in the UK spent 4 Christmases abroad. East of Suez!! Thats when we had a navy and could afford to send ships to the Pacific....

15. i did 8 chrimbos in 10 years, supposed to work 24 about but usually good oppo so worked 7 days on 7 days off, followed by 2 weeks leave.

16. Coiled Spring for most of my time.

:grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

17. Funny I was always 2nd Stbd but usualy 24 about, chief stoker alway forgot about us down B boiler. I didnt mind at least you got left alone.

18. No idea......

Opposite my Oppo thats all I need to know

19. Ex wafu. Flight Deck Watches at sea ( nothing like Fishhead watches) and 24 about ashore when working on Fire Stations.
    Had a couple of Blue Carders ashore in my time.
    RoofRat

20. Never kept a watch on my last few ships,always wangled SSFP.
    Though while serving on a Ton class as a an Lmem(L) I was made to keep middles and mornings on the bridge.I suspect to keep the OOW company.
    No use to anyone! Though I could use a pair of binoculars and make tea!