Port for an ex RM officer

Hello, this is my first post so sorry if it is a stupid one or if it has been covered elsewhere.

I have a relative coming to visit for Christmas who is an ex Royal Marine late entry officer, he enlisted and ended up a Major. I want to get him some port for Christmas, he may be retired but he can still drink properly.

I would be very grate full if any of you kind people could suggest a brand of port that RM officers would usually like.

I

In_my_day

fca_bagger said:
...who is an ex Royal Marine late entry officer, he enlisted and ended up a Major...
As it's your first post;, he isn't ex- anything, he is a FORMER Royal Marine. As a rule of thumb, after much scientific testing, I've found the cheaper it is the rougher it is, not neccessarily to drink but certainly the next morning.

IMD

I've just this afternoon, bought myself a bottle of Niepoort LBV 2001 which cost about £15. Niepoort are, so I'm told, a small producer but it is supposed to be a pretty good drop of port. I haven't yet tried it but I aim to put a small dent in it later.

Niepoort

I

In_my_day

J-g, no idea what their Port is like but very interesting site ref the descriptions of the various types of Port.

IMD

Latest Threads