Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Popularity of "the-Matelot", Moderator of "Fl

Is "the-Matelot" Popular

• He can Piss Off

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Who is this MOD where did they find him

• He is some Mum's son be nice

• Send him to sea it will be his first sea going draft

• He is really a Pongo

• Send him to Shotley Gate and Lash him to the Mast

• Maybe

• Total voters
Re: Popularity of "the-Matelot", Moderator of &quo

so if anything goes whats all the whinging for???

and I am naked can you see my 'eye' ?

Re: Popularity of "the-Matelot", Moderator of &amp

ali_p said:
so if anything goes whats all the whinging for???

and I am naked can you see my 'eye' ?

Don't go there and yes, full frontel! Oh er, I do say..........erm, yeah 8O

To be honest RR is at present pretty fecking dull,

But then Arrse can be full of gobshoites also

The difference is that it gets fairly difficult to "Old sweat" and "In my day" the younger generation on arrse, as a large majority of them have some real and serious and relevant operational time in various patches of sand.

The Navy basically isn't very interesting to be honest, and when your best dits involve runs ashore in singers in the sixties as opposed to "lessons learnt in my last 3 hour contact" by an 20 year old para with 4 op tours and ++gongs.........its easy to see why modern day matelots don't sign up to hear about the good old days and pussers rum

As for The_Matelot, at least he volunteered to do the job, if you can do the job better crack on or FCUK OF TO THE LEGION OR WHAT EVER SUBSIDISED CLUB YOU DRINK AT AND MUMBLE AMONGST YOURSELVES ABOUT THE YOUTH OF TODAY AND THE GANGES

toodlepip
theGimp

For the record I'd happily do a Mod's job in the future, if ever deemed hunky dory again, but the point here is one of the notion of a Moderator and who RR caters for, plus the whole issue of free speech. A Moderator, unless contributing to something like Diamond Lil's where more or less anything goes, should be courteous. The_Matelot had a perfectly valid point to put, whether or nor one happens to agree with it, but the problem was the manner in which it was presented, which was most undiplomatic. Such discourse is OK from any Jack or Jill, but a Moderator ought to set a good example and refrain from discourtesy.

End of rent, or should that be rant?

PS: I'm not old enough to belong to the Legion, didn't go to the G-place and don't moan (very much) about the youth of today. :?

I'm a mod in another exforces site (Biscuitsbrown) and modding there seems to be part of the banter for some....

advice for what its worth ....
if your modding gains mega negative reactions then you are doing it all wrongly :D

What really frightens me is that nine members and myself who wrote it must watch "Big Brother" as I paraphrased Nikki's great line;

"Who is this woman, where did they find her".

Nutty

PPPPPS After consideration of the opinions of J-D and the-Mateleot I will confine my postings to Lil's and Old Bases/History as they do not want or need one as old as me.

Nutty said:
PPPPPS After consideration of the opinions of J-D and the-Mateleot I will confine my postings to Lil's and Old Bases/History as they do not want or need one as old as me.
Remember the quote from Heartbreak ridge "Don't give the prick the satisfaction"

the title of this thread is - Is "the-Matelot" Popular? - as a noobie to these pages of Naval shipchat I can safely say no he isn't.
I've only been here 2 days and already I have a 'warning' about my posts and my attitude..

let me say in reply, without my attitude I might have ended up as a RAF recruit.

so be greatful for small mercies 8O

ali_p said:
the title of this thread is - Is "the-Matelot" Popular? - as a noobie to these pages of Naval shipchat I can safely say no he isn't.
I've only been here 2 days and already I have a 'warning' about my posts and my attitude..

let me say in reply, without my attitude I might have ended up as a RAF recruit.

so be greatful for small mercies 8O

2 days, 25 post, lets think this through shall we?

As for the 'old and bold', respect to the lot of you at the end of the day. However, this thread is another b*tching session combined with a good few others. Been said a thousand times now, got an issue go to the right people, air your views and do something about it.

I know I know, being blunt again!

Air your views and the Mod doesnt like it,it gets deleted so why bother,Mods should say openly what they want to say,a PM to me means personal message not for the private use of Mods,and this is Diamond Lils.

theGimpMK2 said:

The Navy basically isn't very interesting to be honest, and when your best dits involve runs ashore in singers in the sixties as opposed to "lessons learnt in my last 3 hour contact" by an 20 year old para with 4 op tours and ++gongs.........its easy to see why modern day matelots don't sign up to hear about the good old days and pussers rum

theGimp
So the experiences of various ships companies back in 82 are classed as you as being not very interesting???Several hundred personel on basically a floating target coming under fire from land and air?excocets winging their way towards you?Not interesting!I beg to differ.Just because the RN has a different and often unique set of operational requirements,it doesmt mean its uninteresting!Playing cat and mouse with an unidentified Sub might on the face seem a tad boring to a brown job that likes sitting in uncomfortable trenches and letting off the odd mag of ammo,but its a different set f rules the game is being played to.If the RN was that boring then we wouldnt have an RN would we?????

higthepig said:
Air your views and the Mod doesnt like it,it gets deleted so why bother,Mods should say openly what they want to say,a PM to me means personal message not for the private use of Mods,and this is Diamond Lils.

Things can be aired but if it is seen in the best interest that the post/thread is not withstanding then the MOD of that forum has a right to move/cull/delete it, aslong as it stands within the forum rules. Now if you had bothered to take note of this, then you wouldn't be throwing your toys at every corner. MODs send out PMs in reference to this also.

For the information of all, I haven't deleted any of your postings. I've only ever deleted one posting and that was from a slapper who wanted people to become her penpal and posted her contact details for all to see which is a breach of Persec.

It is interesting to note though that out of almost 1400 members, it's only a handful who are playing the same repetitive note over and over again. Like a fcuking non-sea going wren, the lot of youse!!! (And there still seems to be a fair amount of them still in!!) :D

Stop being so dull and post some really snaggy dits from when you were in. Hearing about how pompey ratings kicked off in Guzz and vice versa doesn't count!

JD whos throwing toys around, i say it as i see ,do stop being so pedantic it doesnt become you. Snaggy dits,i thought we were too old for you to even consider them.

Old? Yes!
Snaggy? I don't know because the same or a variant of the same dits keep being posted!!

Latest Threads