Popularity of "the-Matelot", Moderator of "Fl

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by Nutty, Jul 18, 2006.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. He can Feck Off

2. He can Piss Off

0 vote(s)
  3. Who is this MOD where did they find him

0 vote(s)
  4. He is some Mum's son be nice

0 vote(s)
  5. Send him to sea it will be his first sea going draft

0 vote(s)
  6. He is really a Pongo

0 vote(s)
  7. Send him to Shotley Gate and Lash him to the Mast

0 vote(s)
  8. Maybe

0 vote(s)
  1. Well here is novel idea a Popularity Poll for a MOD

2. Re: Popularity of "the-Matelot", Moderator of &quo

Nobody else going to join me on this limb

Luv xxxx
  3. Re: Popularity of "the-Matelot", Moderator of &quo

I think someone should tell him. Being a matelot is not what you do, it's what you are.

He's probably some Pompey RA who secures officially at 1600 every day, but is always gone by then.

(Well, if he's allowed to make sweeping generalisations.......!)
  4. Re: Popularity of "the-Matelot", Moderator of &quo

I'll supply the square inch of soap if someone else will administer it.
  5. Re: Popularity of "the-Matelot", Moderator of &quo

The matelot ! Hmmm Respect your elders. Leave talking like a tosser to us, you are supposed to be a moderator.
  6. Re: Popularity of "the-Matelot", Moderator of &quo

Is this a trick question 8O
  7. Re: Popularity of "the-Matelot", Moderator of &quo

If you have a problem with a moderator, take it up wih him directly or via the administrators

Running a popularity contest will achieve neither
  8. Re: Popularity of "the-Matelot", Moderator of &quo

Sinbad the Sinner

No problem with the moderator the problem is his with Some of Us

9. the_matelot

the_matelot War Hero Moderator

Re: Popularity of "the-Matelot", Moderator of &quo

The Fleet-Modern Day Naval Issues only!!!!

Dit's about 'in my time' can be put in

It's as simple as that chaps. It's not rocket salad, ok? The majority of topics inevitably revert back to these dits from the usual suspects. I'm trying to steer this sub-forum away from that route. If someone joins the website and see's that the topics don't go down the same route as before, then maybe they will feel the need to stay and post. At the moment, the feedback I'm getting from current matelots is that as long as the current situation continues, they're going to stay away and post on ARRSE as that is more lively and up-to-date.

And no, I'm not a fcuking pongo. My ratio of posts on Arrse compared to Rumration is because Arrse doesn't live in the 1970's. ;)
  10. Re: Popularity of "the-Matelot", Moderator of &quo

Well, I think that's pretty clear
  11. Re: Popularity of "the-Matelot", Moderator of &quo

as a noobie sprog to this site, am I led to believe that as I did my time through the 70's any dits I have of my time will not be appreciated because some auld codger decides that he wants to hear from bits of skin still serving???

and as for arrse, its well named - we all know what comes out of yer arse!!!
  12. Re: Popularity of "the-Matelot", Moderator of &quo

Yes arrse is more lively and up to date,but there arent many things deleted by moderators,as there seems to be on RR,its only my opinion,,so in the words of this moderator,you can feck off as well,your words not mine.
  13. Re: Popularity of "the-Matelot", Moderator of &amp

Actually, you would be standing wrong here. Arrse is alot more busy that RR, given that it has been around alot longer than us, you may have missed the many threads about posts disappearing without a trace.

Could make a TV series of this :lol:

As for this poll, what time does play school finish?
  14. Re: Popularity of "the-Matelot", Moderator of &amp

Welcome aboard ali_p. Don't let this put you off, you'll get a friendly reception from the rest of us. :)

I think what the_Matelot is trying to tell us is that anyone who is not currently bobbing down and up in a blue suit on a grey funnelled vessel in the oggin should not visit The Fleet but stick to the QD, Shore Bases, Diamond Lil's (whatever they are?) and Current Affairs. Perhaps The Fleet ought to be renamed The Modern Fleet? :roll:

It appears that today's RN youngsters are basically all scared of anybody with beards, baldness or wrinkles, especially if they they trained in Suffolk! 8O
  15. Re: Popularity of "the-Matelot", Moderator of &amp

I f I may say, I'd rather rumration didn't become more like arsse as it's bitchier than a H.I.V.E meeting when someone decided to turn up with a new hair cut.

You old'uns seem far more tolerant of my ( often drunken) ramblings and have made me most welcome.

Prehaps we should give them there own little space?
  16. Re: Popularity of "the-Matelot", Moderator of &quo

Thank for them kind words Womping see you over on ? where you are a Star.

Nutty Assistant Mog To the Assistant Mog RN Time Served
  17. Re: Popularity of "the-Matelot", Moderator of &amp

18. Re: Popularity of "the-Matelot", Moderator of &quo

I like this site, however, too many teddies are being thrown. Seriously, do you realise how dull a good few of you lot are? Get a fecking grip and move on.

Don't like comments made or MODs, then no one is stopping you from leaving, are they?

Simple as...........
  19. Re: Popularity of "the-Matelot", Moderator of &quo

Are the MOD'S trying to kill this site. They don't seem to be very tolerant.
  20. Re: Popularity of "the-Matelot", Moderator of &amp

The MODs ain't kiiling nada but the way its going, there are a good few members that have a hand in it.

However, if people stopped arguing and started thinking of a way to resolve the current issues, then we'd be moving up than going back.