Poppy seeds

Shakey

War Hero
If you eat loads of poppy seeds, like the ones you get on posh bread, can you fail a drugs test? :?

Incidentally, has anyone got any good dits about CDTs?

Graybags

Lantern Swinger
Until Nov 05 , I worked at a clinical research place, and we had a guy who had to prove he was a baker so he could pass the screening tests as he always tested positive for opiates
( Please excuse the pun )

G

Ships_Cat

War Hero
Also see snopes.....

http://www.snopes.com/medical/drugs/poppyseed.asp
Claim: The consumption of poppy seeds used on bagels and muffins can produce positive results on drug screening tests.

I went for a pre employment company drug test, and they warn specifically against this, as well as being in bars etc where you might "inhale" something other than cigarette smoke, as it may show up in a blood/UA.

My mate, used to be a CPO on the CDT team, says that they have to be very careful about telling Jack about the poppy seed defence as if it were wide knowledge, then every druggy would claim that their +ve result was purely due to a few bagels...

Ships_Cat said:
Also see snopes.....

http://www.snopes.com/medical/drugs/poppyseed.asp
Claim: The consumption of poppy seeds used on bagels and muffins can produce positive results on drug screening tests.

I went for a pre employment company drug test, and they warn specifically against this, as well as being in bars etc where you might "inhale" something other than cigarette smoke, as it may show up in a blood/UA.

Ships Cat

As I see it the problem with your evidence is it all comes from newspaper reports in America which I would trust even less than a newspaper report in the Scum.

Nutty

Nutty said:
]

As I see it the problem with your evidence is it all comes from newspaper reports in America which I would trust even less than a newspaper report in the Scum.

Nutty

Come on Nutty there are some quality rags in the US, National Enquirer for example is far more believable than the Scum.

Peter

Shakey

War Hero
It's true! Blimey!

Right then, I'm off to plant some papaver somniferum. Makes my garden look nice, see? :lol:

(Puts 'Golden Brown' by The Stranglers on and buggers off to the garden...)

Latest Threads