Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Popping ears- medical

Genghis

Lantern Swinger
A sub visit would be pretty cool! I'll update when I've got a date through and I'll know then I'm guessing! But in all seriousness I don't mind where I do PRNC I just wanna do it ha! I'm at 95% peak physical fitness, just gotta work on pull-ups then I'm ready to go!

LateToTheParty

Lantern Swinger
A sub visit would be pretty cool! I'll update when I've got a date through and I'll know then I'm guessing! But in all seriousness I don't mind where I do PRNC I just wanna do it ha! I'm at 95% peak physical fitness, just gotta work on pull-ups then I'm ready to go!

Wouldn’t worry too much I had my PRNC on the tues-fri then started Raleigh the Sunday. Came down with real bad tonsillitis the week of PRNC but managed to scrape a pass on the PJFT and pass the swim test, then passed them again week 1 of training while still recovering. By the time I done the second RNFT in week 5 I’d beaten my time by 90 seconds

Also pull ups aren’t a requirement for RN but it helps if you can do them.

Genghis

Lantern Swinger
I had tonsillitis 6 months ago... Took me out of action entirely! Must of had a dose of manflu with it...

At Raleigh on the Sunday! Christ that was quick!

I thought pull-ups were involved at PRNC etc.?

SONAR-BENDER

War Hero
It’s all recreational for the time being but I’m getting the AT in as a way of expanding possible avenues through my career ( such as S.P.A.G or ME diver )

Please, if you can, expand on 'ME Diver'.

There is no such animal! I think you may be getting confused with Ship's Divers, which, in their infinite wisdom they decided they didn't need anymore.

LateToTheParty

Lantern Swinger
Please, if you can, expand on 'ME Diver'.

There is no such animal! I think you may be getting confused with Ship's Divers, which, in their infinite wisdom they decided they didn't need anymore.

I don’t know the proper term for it but I read in a couple of books that there were ME’s that had diving quals to maintain the propulsor. Likely then it’s not a thing anymore.

SONAR-BENDER

War Hero
I don’t know the proper term for it but I read in a couple of books that there were ME’s that had diving quals to maintain the propulsor. Likely then it’s not a thing anymore.

That was the late lamented Ship's Divers. Anyone, any branch, any rate or rank could be a SD. We used to carry out propulsor tip clearance measurements, apart from loads of other 'handy' onboard stuff. Now carried out by civvy divers or CDs.

LateToTheParty

Lantern Swinger
That was the late lamented Ship's Divers. Anyone, any branch, any rate or rank could be a SD. We used to carry out propulsor tip clearance measurements, apart from loads of other 'handy' onboard stuff. Now carried out by civvy divers or CDs.

Well that’s a bit rubbish isn’t it, cheers for the correction though.

WreckerL

War Hero
Super Moderator
I noticed that ships divers rarely (if ever) connected/disconnected the sewage hose, that always fell to the others :)

SONAR-BENDER

War Hero
I noticed that ships divers rarely (if ever) connected/disconnected the sewage hose, that always fell to the others :)

Sorry about that, but once the 120 minutes per quarter were achieved.........

Actually, I was one of the keen/stupid ones that loved the work - you should have seen the state I came back up in sometimes! Even went on a special course to refit the tiles - now THAT was a messy evolution.

Waspie

War Hero
Nothing whatsoever like Chef pilots. We like to hide our light under a bushel :)
Your nay a true pilot then chaffy me lad.
Any Pilot worth his salt relishes a spell in front of ye olde mirror!!!
And if there's a camera!!!!!! Boy oh Boy!!!!
Smile!!!!!!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M popping in ear Health & Fitness 19
B New bloke, popping in to say Hi. Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 26
S ear popping Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 12
R Medical - Irritation in ears Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 4
J Ears -hms Raleigh Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
K Hats on ears!! The Quarterdeck 12
F Sows ears and silk purse comes to mind. Diamond Lil's 37
babystew no ears Miscellaneous 0
NotmeChief Steam out of my ears. Diamond Lil's 9
BillyNoMates Songs that'll make your ears bleed (Volume I) Films, Music, TV & All Things Artsy 23
The_Caretaker Ears Blue Jokes 0
N Colour perception in medical Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 12
MoD_RSS Letter to medicines and medical products suppliers: 17 November 2020 MoD News 0
C Capita and medical history Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
L Face to Face Medical - Covid Lockdown? Joining the Royal Navy 0
B Re-applying and the medical. Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 1
N royal navy medical appeal alcohol Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 4
R Pre-entry Medical Manchester location? Cancer? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
A Excess Weight - COVID challenges and a failed medical Joining the Royal Navy 0
M Pre-joining medical : where is it? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
MoD_RSS Medical device supplier resolves CMA concerns MoD News 0
T Potential medical discharge Finance & Pensions 29
W Failed Medical- Eczema Joining the Royal Navy 5
M Medical Review Query Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 4
M Medical Confusion Joining the Royal Navy 15
A Medical Eligabillity Joining the Royal Navy 16
S Medical Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 1
MoD_RSS Deputy Chief Medical Officer Professor Jonathan Van-Tam's Op-Ed MoD News 0
C Medical Assistant Role Joining the Royal Navy 5
MoD_RSS Emerging Canadian leaders in the medical field secure UK Government's Chevening Scholarship MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Update from the UK Chief Medical Officers on the COVID-19 alert level MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Chief Scientific Advisor and Chief Medical Officer briefing on coronavirus (COVID-19): 21 September 2020 MoD News 0
B Captia medical Joining the Royal Navy 3
P Medical Appeals waiting time Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 7
R Medical questionnaire, best practice. Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 4
MoD_RSS Government working with midwives, medical experts, and academics to investigate BAME maternal mortality MoD News 0
M Aircraft controller aircrew medical Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 9
P Medical History of Opiate Dependance Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 23
MoD_RSS Statement from the UK Chief Medical Officers on schools and childcare reopening MoD News 0
L MH Susceptible -Medical (Suxamethonium) Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
K Medical Joining the Royal Navy 4
S Medical appeal Joining the Royal Navy 8
S Royal Fleet auxillary Medical exam Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 0
MoD_RSS Letter to medicines and medical products suppliers: 3 August 2020 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Statement from the UK Chief Medical Officers on extension of self-isolation period: 30 July 2020 MoD News 0
S Frustrating medical triage Joining the Royal Navy 5
K Passed medical, what is next and how long should I expect before intake? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
MoD_RSS Medical Device “Certificates of Compliance” / “Attestation of Conformity” have no legal standing under MDR MoD News 0
R GP medical paperwork delays Joining the Royal Navy 7
Y Medical issues Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 9