Pop up when selecting RR from favourites

Discussion in 'Site Issues' started by tiddlyoggy, Nov 4, 2012.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. tiddlyoggy

tiddlyoggy War Hero Book Reviewer

Is anyone else getting directed to a site offering an iPad for completing a 30 second survey when they select RR from their favourites list? Can't remember the name now 607a or something similar.

2. witsend

witsend War Hero Book Reviewer

I'm not sure if it's the same issue, but it's something thats been irritating me for a while. Being redirected to some shite page trying to sell something. My anti-virus picks nothing up and I'm wondering if the kids have downloaded something, but they always deny it. Only occurs on the RR forum and not any others I visit.

3. If you have clicked on any adverts within RR it could have put a marker on your favorites, dump RR from your fav's, log out then back in and restore RR to fav's.

4. Hmm, this shouldn't be happening so can I get a few more details.

When you say from your favourites, I assume you've got a page of the site bookmarked? If so, which one and what URL do you end up on?

5. Got it a couple of times earlier in the week (thursday/friday) not had it since

6. tiddlyoggy

Thanks mate, I'll give it a go.

7. tiddlyoggy

Yes I have the site marked in my favourites, opens up on the home page. I haven't knowingly clicked on any ads. If it happens again I'll get the exact site address of the page for you. I'm about to follow Stirling's tip above, hopefully that will resolve the issue.

8. tiddlyoggy

I've been in and out of the site around half a dozen times now since following Stirling's tip and it's not happened again yet, so, so far so good.
    Stirling advice from Stirling you could say, thanks mate.

9. This i-pad survey thing happens every now and again, yes I have the home page in favourites and load from there.

10. tiddlyoggy

If you follow Striling's quick tip mate it should get rid of it, seems to have worked for me.

11. Never happened to me either and I have the homepage as favourite.

12. thought i had better expand on my original answer, the pop up came when I changed tabs from the Home, most recent forum posts (set up as a favourite) to the last 50

13. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

This just happened again Survey

I have forum main page as favourite and had gone from there to new posts read a couple and then the spam appeared

14. tiddlyoggy

That's the one I was getting janner. It's not been back yet since I deleted RR from my favourites and logged out.

15. janner

I've now done that Tiddly. I'm running Windows 7 and when I clicked on the favourites tab it was showing pop up when going to forums navy net, or something similar, I'll see if there's a repeat now I've deleted

16. janner