Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Poor credit history

Basically my concern is I start training soon and I have few defaults totalling £3000, I'm currently on a dmp but that's no guarantee that I won't get a ccj. I've passed SC no problem. What would happen if I did get one during basic training??

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
You can be discharged for financial irresponsibility if you receive a CCJ - discuss the issues with your AFCO on Monday if you haven't already.

mattyrock

Badgeman
If you're on a debt management plan & paying your debts you shouldn't be going to court. Is this just a threat from the creditor or is this a debt you're not paying?
Have you spoken to a debt charity like Step Change?

I work for a debt collection company so know a little about it, but I'm no fountain of knowledge on the Navy rules about it

Blackrat

War Hero
Book Reviewer
You usually get in debt around the second week of each month when serving, if i remember correctly.

In Germany, we would get people in the cookhouse selling clothing on tick to squaddies. Now this was a godsend to those of us who ruined clothes on an alarmingly regular basis. I recall a wonderful story about one of these gadgies wanting to get all his chits squared away before the chaps were deployed to some shithole or other. One chap owed a fortune and the gadge took this up with the SSM. "Do you want me to chase this bloke up? Give me his name and i'll sort it" says the SSM. "No problems" says the gadge. "The name he gave me is Harry Skinters".

2_deck_dash

War Hero
Ah yes Harry Skinters, he served in the RN too.

I fondly recall a couple of friendly Americans coming onboard one morning. Now usually I don't speak to Americans, but as QM, it was my job to find out what they wanted.

"Er hey man, we were in the beach bar last night with one of your guys. He'd left his wallet onboard so he borrowed some money from us and said we could come and meet him here this morning."

"Of course, what is his name?"

"Harry....Harry Skinters."

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MoD_RSS New anti-bullying helpline to clamp down on poor behaviour in the military MoD News 0
MoD_RSS £1 billion deal to end poor rural mobile coverage agreed MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Experts to help tackle poor behaviour in schools MoD News 0
MoD_RSS West Midlands Trains must invest £20 million after poor performance and delays MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Poor accounting practice in charities to be referred to professional body MoD News 0
MoD_RSS £1 billion deal set to solve poor mobile coverage MoD News 0
MoD_RSS ESFA reminds providers it will take action to crack down on poor sub-contracting practice MoD News 0
MoD_RSS BROKENSHIRE UNVEILS NEW MEASURES TO STAMP OUT ‘POOR DOORS’ MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Charity Commission inquiry into Khatme Nubuwwat Centre finds poor governance at the charity MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Poor record keeping lands nightclub boss with 6-year ban MoD News 0
MG Maniac Piss Poor Preparation etc ... Diamond Lil's 2
SONAR-BENDER Poor little kid - scarred for life! Diamond Lil's 36
MG Maniac Piss Poor Planning ......................... Diamond Lil's 20
scousesubmariner check out this poor unfortunate sod Diamond Lil's 0
Rumrat Poor poor WreckerL Diamond Lil's 12
Rumrat Poor Stokes Diamond Lil's 4
The_Caretaker Poor Freddy Miscellaneous 0
Merlin28 When I was young we were so poor.... The Gash Barge 82
labrum Luther... V POOR! Diamond Lil's 16
M Poor Amel Diamond Lil's 9
SONAR-BENDER The Poor / Rich divide Diamond Lil's 1
GuyC Poor lefty Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 26
wet_blobby Poor cnut diving in mainpage photo Diamond Lil's 3
F Poor sod! Diamond Lil's 1
slim POOR DEFENCE FOR AN ALMIGHTY BLUNDER Diamond Lil's 3
mikh Oh Dear, poor pongo bandies Diamond Lil's 14
slim Armed forces to live in poor housing "for 20 years" Current Affairs 3
rosinacarley Poor Andym Diamond Lil's 18
slim Poor sleep clouds moral judgement Diamond Lil's 11
golden_rivet poor old geoff The Gash Barge 13
MoD_RSS GAD helps develop support for the trade credit insurance sector MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Trade Credit Insurance backed by £10 billion guarantee MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Universal Credit: surplus earnings MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Government to support businesses through Trade Credit Insurance guarantee MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Pension Credit claimants now able to apply online MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Biggest number of new Universal Credit claims paid in a single day MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New video service for deaf claimants accessing Universal Credit MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Universal Credit claimants to verify identity through Government Gateway MoD News 0
MoD_RSS £10 million fund to help vulnerable people claim Universal Credit MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Chance to ‘win while you save’ with new credit union prize account MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Property and cleaning companies wound-up for abusing credit agreements MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Parents and guardians given extra time to claim back childcare costs with Universal Credit MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Directors banned for dishonestly securing £975,000 of credit MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: European Commission consultation on short-term export credit rules MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: New 'Help to Claim' service provides extra Universal Credit support MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Universal Credit pilot to launch in North Yorkshire MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Abandonment of credit-score checking merger MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Amber Rudd sets out fresh approach to Universal Credit MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Speech: Universal Credit: personal welfare MoD News 0
J Loans for bad credit UK | low credit score | FleetQuid Finance & Pensions 1