Discussion in 'The Gash Barge' started by bikerman, Jun 15, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Well if you want to mince with your mates why not. Don't see many in uniform these days anyway. Because of this many will see the uniform as being yet another bit of poofter attire (like the leather etc). It is extremely important to educate the public that though the forces are having to be PC the and poofs are on parade it is not yet compulsory to be a poof. :w00t:
  2. it brings a whole/hole new meaning to ARSE
  3. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

"New meaning"? :?
  4. You know in last years gay pride parade in Barcelona several sections of supposedly 'straight' (whatever that is) members of the armed and para military forces marched in support.
    What an utter shock, really such things should not be allowed! What is the world coming to?
    Obviously not doing its' damdest to grown up...
  5. Allwaysbeen suspicious of dago's being both ac and dc. Well ever since that failed TV series Eldorado :thumright:
  6. Ye Gods! Do you watch 'Benidorm' as well? Please tell me no! :wink:
  7. I did watch Benidorm and found it quite amusing. Unfortunately I missed the last two episodes. I found it a good piss take of many standard character types. All over the top and their traits enhanced. :thumright:

8. Before I start this reply, I would like to point out I am not gay in way or form. I have a wonderful partner, Elaine, and have been married before this relationship.

I have read the AOL link above, and the comments that go with it, and I have to say I have never in my life experienced such hatred for a group of people who want to be themselves.

I have a niece who is a lesbian, was married and had a daughter. Got divorced, and now lives with her female partner. All three live a fantastic life, and yes the daughter has a boyfriend. I have a friend who's son is gay. An absolutely fantastic young man. The life and sole of a party anytime. I have two neighbours who live together, who are gay. These guys are great. Willing to help with chores in particular with the elderly residents. We have them round for dinner on occasions, as we do get invited to their house.

As it has been stated. There have been homosexuals in the Navy for many many years. If I wanted to, I could name a few that I have served with. When I was a young sailor it frightened me. I think it would most 17/18 year olds. As I grew older, and began to understand the world and who lived in it I excepted all people with different attitudes towards things that were normal to most.

In my opinion I think gays should have the same rights as anyone else in such things as joining the Armed Forces, and if they are already serving to be allowed to live their lives as they wish. If unlike the idiots who commented on the AOL forum, anyone has one iota of the gay scene, they will know unless you are gay, the gay people will not bother you in that sense of being.

It is ironic, that all the people we have roaming around our country, roaming around our world, a number of brave servicemen are worried about a few guys and gals who prefer same sex relationships wearing the same uniform.

Let them be, get to know them, they are like normal people, and usually in a relationship far better than most heterosexual relationships.

Regards, Chris

9. sgtpepperband

Anyone dumb enough to wanna join up should be allowed, and should be permitted to feck anyone they want to... 8O

Erm, this is the 'Aircraft Handlers' thread, innit?! :oops:
  10. Nope, you are quite wrong, it was reality TV!!!!!!
  11. :judge: :highfive:
  12. I am with you again SPB.What the feck is going on this week end

13. I have nothing against the gay/lesbian community but they don't have to advertise that they are in the mob, don't be ashamed about being you self.
    If the only time Joe public will see jack in uniform is in gay pride parades it just enforces the stereotype that a civvie might have of us.
  14. I thought that taking part in any political activity while in uniform was prohibited.
  15. I've nothing against... BUT.... :threaten:

So when female members of the forces publicise the fact, does that confirm stereotypes about women?

There is a popular myth, put about by British conservative evangelicals, that ALL gays are effeminate, die before the age of 40, are "soft", etc. Keeping mum about being in HM Forces merely helps reinforce such stereotypes.

Those participating will march properly or else! :dwarf:

PS: Bikerman, if you wear leathers when on yer bike then remember that there is a big gay leather scene! :lol:
  16. Chris... :hug:
  17. sgtpepperband

Since when has pride in your sexuality been a political statement?! :?
  18. Dago's and Poofters eh? You certainly don't tow the PC party line there mate do you? Suppose you wouldn't like "Darkies" moving in next door either would you? Pillock.
  19. If I could shower with the lady sailors my application would go in tomorrow :thumright: