Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pongos refused a drink

Blackrat

War Hero
Book Reviewer
Fucking right as well. Those poachers are thieving cunts that can't handle their beer. Mind you, they're not as bad as the Kings. Now there's a Regiment of fucking skanks.

Rumrat

War Hero
Fucking right as well. Those poachers are thieving cunts that can't handle their beer. Mind you, they're not as bad as the Kings. Now there's a Regiment of fucking skanks.

Well besides those two mentioned what else did you serve in.
I had thought the Royal Corps of Hairdressers or maybe the Queens own Royal Mincers.;-)

Blackrat

War Hero
Book Reviewer
Well besides those two mentioned what else did you serve in.
I had thought the Royal Corps of Hairdressers or maybe the Queens own Royal Mincers.;-)

Close. 12/13th Forward Mess Tin Repair Company (Armoured), 49 Para then 24 SAS(R).

Rumrat

War Hero
Agreed.

I'd go the pub to drown my sorrows, but they probably wouldn't serve me. I blame the 25 SAS reunion last year - it got well out of order. I wouldn't mind but I'm the CO & no-one else turned-up.

I tried but I couldn't climb over the wall at the back. The windows were all shut anyway.

Sarah83

Lantern Swinger
I tried but I couldn't climb over the wall at the back. The windows were all shut anyway.
this makes my blood boil as my friend who was in comabt got refused a drink i complained to the manager who got us a free derinks and meal i wont name the pub.

My friend was angry.

My friend the pub a year later and he and his staff serve those in the armed forces as he was in the army

Last edited:

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero

I don't blame anyone. Mind you, as I was the only one there, it would've been difficult.

You could've tried the door, s'pose. Bit unorthodox, mind.

Sarah83

Lantern Swinger
way to go Marstons... It is nice to see the pub chains supporting our troops

Last edited:

Spidiver

War Hero
It's probably just honest mistake by some Eastern European bar staff...like the rest of the service industry in the UK, it's staffed by cheap immigrants, and they probably didn't have a scoobies what was going on. I stayed at the Marriott in Portsmouth last week and that was manned by Jonny and Jenny Foreigner, who thought it was permissable to serve a pint in a hot glass straight out of the dishwasher...Standards ffs !!!

So all off the Outrage Bus !!!!

C

cúnt

this makes my blood boil as my friend who was in comabt got refused a drink i complained to the manager who got us a free derinks and meal i wont name the pub.

My friend was angry.

My friend the pub a year later and he and his staff serve those in the armed forces as he was in the army

The only time I went in to a pub in combats was during R&R at Birmingham New Street pub in the railway station. I got a few free drinks which was nice.

I should have done what squaddies usually do and call everyone fúcking civvies before destroying the pub and getting battered by the locals. I was tired though, so just said thanks and drank up.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
wet_blobby They wonder why we call them Pongos..... Diamond Lil's 11
Naval_Gazer Pongos get a taste of life on board a warship Diamond Lil's 50
W Another 5000 Pongos for early axe Current Affairs 2
W Admirals bluffed by the pongos? Current Affairs 28
T Playstations to be used to train Pongos!!! Diamond Lil's 4
wet_blobby Pongos to the rescue.......... The Corps 7
dapperdunn The Commando who refused to die Films, Music, TV & All Things Artsy 4
soleil BBC News: "Nuclear Submarine HMS Tireless Refused United Arab Emirates Entry" MoD News 8
soleil Telegraph: "Sailors Given Freedom Of The City ... Then Refused A Drink" The Fleet 26
G Refused by the Doc on pre join medical Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 25
Patrick Navy ID refused? Diamond Lil's 37
TattooDog 27 Year Old Sailor Refused Alcohol The Quarterdeck 27
whitemouse Wounded Royal Marine refused special housing Current Affairs 39
B Percy Refused Hotel Room - Cue Howls of Indignation Current Affairs 74
H Safe harbour refused Current Affairs 19
oberon B-52 Nukes Headed for Iran: Air Force refused to fly weapons Current Affairs 3
slim Muslim Pc refused to shake hands Current Affairs 24
MoD_RSS Breadth of UK food, drink and innovation set to shine at the 2020 China International Import Expo MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New rules and logos to protect British food and drink MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New rules and logos to protect British food and drink MoD News 0
MoD_RSS British food and drink to take center stage at upcoming China International Import Expo MoD News 0
MoD_RSS ‘Bounce back’ plan for agriculture, food and drink industry launched MoD News 1
MoD_RSS Letter from the Environment Secretary to the food and drink industry MoD News 0
MoD_RSS COVID-19: CMA open letter to pharmaceutical and food and drink industries. MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Growing global appetite for British food and drink exports MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Pivotal THINK! campaign calls on young men to step in and stop their mates from drink driving MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Cheltenham recovery drink revitalises the UAE MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: EU Exit guidance for food, drink and farming sector stakeholders MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: No deal Brexit advice: guidance on food and drink labelling MoD News 0
B Drink Driving on HMNB PORTSMOUTH Bases / Shore Est 20
MoD_RSS News story: THINK! Campaign urges young men to stop their friends drink-driving MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: David Rutley tours UK food and drink industry MoD News 0
C Drink Drive Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 38
soleil Telegraph: "Armed Forces Drink 'To Point Of Oblivion', Minister Warns" The Quarterdeck 20
D Can skimmers still drink at sea? The Fleet 82
Blackrat Drink - The Alibi of a Nation. Diamond Lil's 27
sgtpepperband USN Doctor Prescribes "Monster Energy Drink to Cure Scurvy! Health & Fitness 6
Guzzler Drink Problem? Diamond Lil's 39
BillyNoMates Good News! Now you can DRINK it. Diamond Lil's 1
Drakey Drink Driving Miscellaneous 0
Stirling Passed on and left his mates 'a drink' The Corps 6
P ENOUGH TO MAKE YOU DRINK Miscellaneous 0
The_Caretaker Paddy...........Did you have a bit to drink last night? Miscellaneous 0
E drink driving and the navy. Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 35
O Ptsd and Drink Health & Fitness 146
sgtpepperband Navy man's drink-drive ban Current Affairs 80
P Doctor who used to drink now fit for work Current Affairs 5
daffy1 Drink driving Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 16
Rookie-WWFC Drink culture in the RN, Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 51
M Drink Driving Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 106