Pongos refused a drink

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by scouse, Nov 10, 2012.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Blackrat

Blackrat War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Fucking right as well. Those poachers are thieving cunts that can't handle their beer. Mind you, they're not as bad as the Kings. Now there's a Regiment of fucking skanks.

2. Well besides those two mentioned what else did you serve in.
    I had thought the Royal Corps of Hairdressers or maybe the Queens own Royal Mincers.;-)

3. Blackrat

Close. 12/13th Forward Mess Tin Repair Company (Armoured), 49 Para then 24 SAS(R).

4. SAS 24th eh?
    Are you lonely?

5. I've never known a pongo refuse a drink.

6. True but they seldom have the capacity for more than a sniff, after that they return to type and start gibbering.
    They do have the distinct capability not to pay though.

7. Blackrat

Only at reunions. Mac's dead, Dingers mad and Tom the Fijiian is still on the balcony, the cross eyed fucker.

• Like Like x 1
  8. I was in the SAS in Birmingham.

9. its a disgrace

10. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Agreed.

I'd go the pub to drown my sorrows, but they probably wouldn't serve me. I blame the 25 SAS reunion last year - it got well out of order. I wouldn't mind but I'm the CO & no-one else turned-up.

• Like Like x 1
  11. I tried but I couldn't climb over the wall at the back. The windows were all shut anyway.

12. this makes my blood boil as my friend who was in comabt got refused a drink i complained to the manager who got us a free derinks and meal i wont name the pub.

My friend was angry.

My friend the pub a year later and he and his staff serve those in the armed forces as he was in the army

Last edited: Nov 10, 2012
  13. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

I don't blame anyone. Mind you, as I was the only one there, it would've been difficult.

You could've tried the door, s'pose. Bit unorthodox, mind.

14. my friend owns a pub who serves all forces personnel

15. B/Z to all Marstons pubs giving a free drink tommorrow to all serving and ex serving personal

16. way to go Marstons... It is nice to see the pub chains supporting our troops

Last edited: Nov 10, 2012
  17. It's probably just honest mistake by some Eastern European bar staff...like the rest of the service industry in the UK, it's staffed by cheap immigrants, and they probably didn't have a scoobies what was going on. I stayed at the Marriott in Portsmouth last week and that was manned by Jonny and Jenny Foreigner, who thought it was permissable to serve a pint in a hot glass straight out of the dishwasher...Standards ffs !!!

So all off the Outrage Bus !!!!

• Like Like x 2
  18. The only time I went in to a pub in combats was during R&R at Birmingham New Street pub in the railway station. I got a few free drinks which was nice.

I should have done what squaddies usually do and call everyone fúcking civvies before destroying the pub and getting battered by the locals. I was tired though, so just said thanks and drank up.

19. Cunt you did the right thing by just saying thanks and leaving