Pongos get a taste of life on board a warship

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by Naval_Gazer, Aug 5, 2012.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I loved this. Welcome to normal messdeck life on board a warship:

What a load of pansies. [​IMG]
    • Like Like x 1
  2. "Its like living on a Submarine" how very dare he!
  3. wal

wal Badgeman

Fucking woosey pongos.

I doubt that they have found the bathroom yet.
  4. Just as well its not heaving about in a force 8 or more. Then they would have something to wing about.
  5. Sound like he`d be more at home with a hole in the ground, the natural home of a pongo.
  6. witsend

witsend War Hero Book Reviewer

7. How would a pongo know what it's like living on a submarine?

I think he's a gayer.
  8. Blackrat

Blackrat War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Hang on a minute. Let's put this into perspective. Us army chaps are used to space and don't like being crammed in like sardines you know. It takes a special type of person to be able to spend months in those conditions day in, day out. Full respect to the Navy for being able to go to war in those conditions and boo to this chap for making himself sound like a poof.

I hope he gets stick when he gets back to his FOB off the chaps. That's if he can hear them, what with all the incoming and all that.
  9. I thought Perce would be used to confined spaces and limited personal hygeine facilities...........after all, don't they live in trenches or summink......I used to be mesmerised by tales of yore by Harry Patch. :salute:
  10. Yeah, sorry about that lads- all that closing with the enemy and killing him has made us fussy sorts.
  11. More importantly how gash is their ship recognition, that's bulwark or Albion in the picture not ocean!
  12. Why should we bother remembering the exact type of public transport provided mate? so long as we get there in one piece with all our ammunition it's good enough for us :-D
  13. aah they are hard done by could have been on the maidstone .

14. Now thats just being nasty.
  15. no its not been nasty was the rame head.
  16. Now you`re being obscene.
  17. tiddlyoggy

tiddlyoggy War Hero Book Reviewer

They're very funny on the Clyde, when you embark them they're gobby as you like; they suddenly get very quiet when you get outside of Mare Harbour and either vom or sleep or both. Respect though, they sleep anywhere. The deck of the SR's scullery seems to be quite a choice spot.
  18. (granny)

(granny) War Hero Book Reviewer

Visualise.....HMS Bulwark, 63/64, taking a load of Pongos to Borneo. 1st day at sea their first Tot. 2nd Day no one showed at the Rum Issue for their mess. On investigation I was told...'it's ok, we still have some left from yesterday'. From that moment they became Jacks best friends. Well, you know how Jack likes to help his friends out.
    • Like Like x 1
  19. I read exactly the same dit about a load of crabs on here or ARRSE only a few days ago.

What a coincidence!
  20. Would that be voming pongo on the racks, shaken not stirred?

We did special OPS exercises with SBS & SAS separate weeks at sea, to prevent big willey waving at each other, neither set of chaps complained but both said we submariners were nuts and a very special breed to live in a tin can, and do what we did for a living.
    And as visitors they had one of the biggest rooms onboard to live in, as we submariners always treated our guests the same, regardless of rank or service.