Pompey News: "Union Pledges To Fight Any RFA Privatisation"

Discussion in 'RFA' started by soleil, Aug 14, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Awful awful awful idea, god I hope that that idea is thrown off the table.

Would you privatise the Royal Logistics Corps? No!

2. Re: Pompey News: "Union Pledges To Fight Any RFA Privatisati

The atraction would be that, as part of the deal, the Conractor (hereafter known as the Partner) would buy the MARPOL compliant vessels we don't seem to have the money for.

3. I don't think this will happen. It is that time of the year though - and there have been, and will continue to be, loads of rubbish published about SDSR.

By the way, I'm not sure the RLC is a good parallel to draw with the RFA. In fact it is a terrible parallel.

4. Not sure that WBD is into drawing parallels - Has he mastered the art of using parallel rulers on a heaving chart table yet?

5. No, i'm shit enough on a stable chart in a classroom thank you...

6. Re: Pompey News: "Union Pledges To Fight Any RFA Privatisati

had a briefing the other week about this and was told that contracts would be too complicated, insurance practically non-existant, it took over two years to sort out the Point class contracts and all they do is transport equipment, no flying, no submarine support, no MCM support, no RAS's, no piracy and drugs patrols can you imagine trying to get andrew weirs, mearsk to sign up for all that.
    the koreans have said they would build all 6 ships in a year but MOD have turned it down because they cant afford it, so i can imagime like P.O.L said they might get a commercial company to buy them then lease them , like the Oakleaf was.
    difference from oakleaf is that the RFA ships will be fitted with a flight complex, phanlanx, extra survivability (duplicated/separated machinery spaces, citadels) which all added millions to build cost so might put them off.