Pompey News: "New Man Takes Over As Top Warrant Officer"

Discussion in 'Bases / Shore Est' started by soleil, Dec 30, 2013.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. 1089996290.jpg

"The Royal Navy has a new warrant officer of the Naval Service after almost four years.The role is the most senior and influential post a Royal Navy warrant officer can hold, and WO1 Terry Casey has now handed over the reins to Portsmouth sailor WO1 Steve Cass."

New man takes over as top warrant officer - Portsmouth News

2. Is he allowed to pick up the Joss and his reggies for haircuts and shaves?
    If so definitely top job:clap:

3. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Yep, that's why they need a long stick with a knobbly bit on the end.

4. WO1 Casey (outgoing WO) - 32 years service - 4 ships - gotta be a scribes

5. Correct. Wouldn't argue with him though as he was a Field Gunner.

6. Late seventies early eighties there was a guy I knew.He had alopecia or something, most of his hair had fallen out.Being a vain sort he got two wigs. one a longish haired walking out wig and the other he gave a woeful military hair cut and attached it to his hat, so he could put the whole thing on in one movement.Anyway, on parade for something or other, he gets a poke in the back with above mentioned stick, and the one word. 'Haircut'. To which he takes of hat and attached rug and says. 'This short enough for you'

7. tiddlyoggy

tiddlyoggy War Hero Book Reviewer

Correct, he is also a very nice bloke.

8. Interesting article featuring Terry in Navy News:

201210 Navy News Oct 10

He was awarded the MBE by HM The Queen in this year's Birthday Honours.

• Like Like x 1
  9. I was just re-reading the Pompey News article and this bit caught my eye:

"There was an official ceremony on board HMS Victory, attended by the Second Sea Lord Vice-Admiral, Sir David Steel."

2SL was awarded the CBE, but I don't think that the KBE has come his way .... yet.

10. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Maybe he won a race at the Olympics, it's pretty much instantaneous nowadays. I note there are howls about Beckham & Murray not being knighted immediately, ignoring the fact that they've not long had OBE' s.

11. I think Beckham's problem is his Mrs, she would become Lady Victoria!!!

12. Good job the bloke on the left has a pair of ears, he'd be blind otherwise!

• Like Like x 1
  13. Being (ex) Scribes I doubt very much he is anything but a very nice bloke, as for arguing with him, I am sure we would see eye to eye on all things

14. Casey to Cass not many letter changes, are we trying to save money here?

I was a plane (I say plane it was a seaking) captain with Steve back in the 80's (820). Congrats shippers.

Posted from the Navy Net mobile app (Android / iOS)