Pompey News: "Gosport Sailor Freed From Prison Over Gun Drama On Ship"

3583938791.jpg

"A Royal Navy sailor who pulled a gun on a senior officer during a mental breakdown has been freed from prison.

Leading Seaman Kevin Moffat, 45 – described as the ‘very epitome of steady reliability’ by superiors – took an unloaded SA80 assault rifle into an officer’s cabin on board HMS Edinburgh.

The senior rating, from Gosport, was suffering with a mental disorder triggered by fears he would miss his child’s birth, after he was drafted for a mission to the Falkland Islands.

The 25-year veteran was jailed for three years and dismissed from service after a court martial in Portsmouth, in July.

But three of the country’s most senior judges yesterday freed him when they reduced the term to 14 months."

Gosport sailor freed from prison over gun drama on ship - Portsmouth News

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
Odd. I can understand a woman wanting to be present at the birth of her baby, granted. In my experience, from a blokes perspective, the entonox ain't all it's cracked-up to be, being screamed at and being called a bastard maybe a novelty during labour, but you get used to it after a few years. Then again, 25 years to killick...

Guns

War Hero
Having just had a son born 9 days ago and having to be there I would have moved heaven and earth not to be there. Too much shouting, liquids and "stuff" that no man should have to see. I am now a strong believer in waiting rooms for men not being there.

I am now a strong believer in waiting rooms for men not being there.
I came to the conclusion a long time ago that there is a good case for giving one's other half a bottle of single malt and a cigar and sending him off down the corridor to watch the rugby/cricket on TV.

Having just had a son born 9 days ago and having to be there I would have moved heaven and earth not to be there. Too much shouting, liquids and "stuff" that no man should have to see. I am now a strong believer in waiting rooms for men not being there.
Sun Roof is the way to go.

Oh, and how much booze did you require to get the poor girl in the family way?

Latest Threads