Pompey News "Former SLs Fire Warning Shots Over Base Future"

Seaweed

War Hero
Book Reviewer
I think we have already had a discussion on RR about the difficulties of bringing one of the new carriers into Guzz.

Happy memories of the 'old' Ark clewing up on the putty there.

janner said:
I'm sure that Portland Port will be glad to rent them space
I see that the Dorset Submariners' president has been active again recently, God bless him (link) :)

CILT website said:
Chartered Institute of Logistics & Transport (UK)
Central Southern Region
Hampshire & Dorset Group

Portland Port Visit 28th April 2010

...Ian McQuade therefore provided us with a substantial background for our tour of the port where our host was Rupert Best, a Director of the Harbour Authority and a past Chairman of the Hampshire & Dorset CILT Group. Rupert’s observant and entertaining commentary was supported by the impressive driving skills of the driver from Barry’s Coaches of Weymouth as he tackled the limitations of the site, especially a long reverse down a Victorian finger pier complete with low entrance arch!...

janner

MIA
Book Reviewer
Naval_Gazer said:
janner said:
I'm sure that Portland Port will be glad to rent them space
I see that the Dorset Submariners' president has been active again recently, God bless him (link) :)

CILT website said:
Chartered Institute of Logistics & Transport (UK)
Central Southern Region
Hampshire & Dorset Group

Portland Port Visit 28th April 2010

...Ian McQuade therefore provided us with a substantial background for our tour of the port where our host was Rupert Best, a Director of the Harbour Authority and a past Chairman of the Hampshire & Dorset CILT Group. Rupert’s observant and entertaining commentary was supported by the impressive driving skills of the driver from Barry’s Coaches of Weymouth as he tackled the limitations of the site, especially a long reverse down a Victorian finger pier complete with low entrance arch!...
Good man is our Pres.

Pompey would have stood a better chance if some daft sod didn't decide to put Sir Henry's namesake building (the FLEET HQ) on Whale Island instead of in the Naval Base. Gonna be pretty embarassing when the nearest warship to the Navy HQ is in Guz.