Pompey News: "Endurance crew could face rap for accident"

Discussion in 'The Fleet' started by soleil, Sep 15, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Re: Pompey News: "Endurance crew could face rap for accident

This should be interesting,why did the engine room flood ?,will somebody take the rap,anyway no matter what the outcome well done for saving the old red plum,

2. Re: Pompey News: "Endurance crew could face rap for accident

Never having been on anything more modern than a type42, can you tell me, when you watch programms on the telly there does not seem to be many watertight doors.
    Are there, and if so why do the ships like Bulwark and Ocean not seem to have many?
    Not a thing I have given any thought to until I watched THIS series of warship. 8O

3. Re: Pompey News: "Endurance crew could face rap for accident

HMS Bulwark and HMS ocean, theres loads.

4. Good to see the Portsmouth Evening News talking utter bollocks yet again. I am surprised that some irate Matelot hasn't fire-bombed that place given the amount un-truths and half truths emenating from that place....

Oh well.

5. Levers_Aligned

Levers_Aligned War Hero Moderator

Yeah, I know! Pompey Evening News will be telling us she's getting quietly scrapped next, bcause the cost of repairs is astronomically high and the cupboard is as bare as the ship's arse!

Of all the banal things to say ...

LOL!

Oh ...

levers

6. For once it's quite a balanced story - at least the RN get a right of reply.

Some of the best sources for journalists are whingers in the pub, you know.

7. Re: Pompey News: "Endurance crew could face rap for accident

Yeah there are plenty of watertight hatches and doors fella. Unfortunately with TV it's just the way it's filmed.

8. Re: Pompey News: "Endurance crew could face rap for accident

Endurance...damned if they do, damned if they don't

Maybe the ship was a bad choice, because of this outcome, but you can be sure they were under similar expenditure pressures at that time as well

9. I liked the first comment underneath the article. Make it so! :lol:

10. Would that be a chicken wrap, or the veggy version?