Pompey News: "Carriers Cut" (sic) NB item refers to steel

Seaweed

War Hero
Book Reviewer
Re: Pompey News: "Carriers Cut"

The usual regrettable and intrinsically stupid idea that defence is just some sort of hobby to be judged by 'affordability'. What we cannot afford is future defeat.

Re: Pompey News: "Carriers Cut" (sic) NB item refers to ste

JJ - Apologies - as I was writing this, your post vanished.

JJ

I am sorry that you saw it in that light.

I almost invariably reproduce verbatim the title the publication has given to its article in the Subject Line of a new thread and made no exception on this occasion.

I did consider adding to it at the time, but didn't. I have now, having read your observation.

To be honest, the interesting question is not why I copied the title "Carriers Cut", but why the journalist at the Portsmouth News used that title him/herself?

soleil said:
To be honest, the interesting question is not why I copied the title "Carriers Cut", but why the journalist at the Portsmouth News used that title him/herself?
I'll have a wild stab in the dark - to sell more papers?!! Bloody sensationalists!

It worked though - made me look anyway!

Powder

Lantern Swinger

off_les_aura said:
soleil said:
I'll have a wild stab in the dark - to sell more papers?!! Bloody sensationalists!

It worked though - made me look anyway!
What he said!

Latest Threads