Pompey News: "After 10-Year Wait, Navy Finally Gets Its Hands On New Planes"

Discussion in 'The Fleet Air Arm' started by MoD_RSS, Jul 19, 2012.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. UK takes delivery of first Lightning II fighter jet

2. So all jets at RAF Marham. How long before the RN get pushed out of there and the crabs operate them alone?
  3. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

4. When the Crabs can find enough people to tolerate 8 months at sea (Assuming they are not disbanded befoehand)
  5. The FAA has little choice really, either Culdrose or Yeovilton, if that choice ever becomes available, Yeovil would get the nod.
  6. Still trying to get my head around why the crabs are getting them?

I thought the Typhoon was all sing and dancing?

Give them all to the Navy and prevent the inevitable whinging from the sideways walking freaks!!!
  7. Handler, my understanding is that F-35 is either going to be based at Lossie or Marham. Culdrose and Yeovilton have never been on the cards.
  8. Really, ok at least Fulmar was a navy field before the RAF took it over!
  9. Lossie would certainly be the most appropriate given the connections to both services. I also understand it's the preferred choice too beacsue of the noise impact of the F-35 and access to good airspace for training. Sadly, as ever, it'll probably come down to lobbying from local MPs!

• Like Like x 1

10. Noise abatement completely rules Culdrose out. All indicators point toward Lossie.
  11. I tend to agree Monty. I suspect that the major factor in Lossie's favour is that with the impending closure of Leuchars, it will become the only RAF base remaining in Scotland.

12. Are the old seahawks of the dummy deck still running ? Not that they caused much noise.
  13. Downtown Lossie shakes like a leaf when the Tornado, takes off!!!! Ps wouldn't fancy being a chockhead on smash and crash on the end of 23 when a F35 B is on full throttle;-P
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2012
  14. Just Sea Harriers with restricted throttle now. Always gets the viewing gallery twitching when they start taxying around.
  15. Thanks for the update MLP, those old Hawks used to give their Puff and Chuff drivers some Walter Mitty moments ! :rofl: