Pompey Navy days

Well it was a good day, i have pics i will put them up when i can - also the ships from japan, all u do is go round the outside and off and with hms illustrious you go on the flight deck and off, haha what a waste of time 4 that, but it was good.

angry_mac

War Hero
It is a well known fact that Guzz will no longer be able to hold Navy Days as COMDEVFLOT is either deployed or in refitting in Rosyth, so they have decided to place Navy Days in Pompey, as this is the only dockyard to find RN ships alongside.

buster657

Stuck in Faslane on duty - wife wants to take kids to Navy days in Pompey (meet your Navy) still has to pay £44. Am I wrong in thinking that she and my 3 lads should be able to get in free? Bet Des brown wouldn't pay!

angry_mac said:
It is a well known fact that Guzz will no longer be able to hold Navy Days as COMDEVFLOT is either deployed or in refitting in Rosyth, so they have decided to place Navy Days in Pompey, as this is the only dockyard to find RN ships alongside.

I'd be happy if Guzz never held Navy Days ever again. Some jobsworth cnut trying to charge nearly twenty effing quid to get into the dockyard when duty on the Saturday takes the total p155.
On top of that, the public really do need to see the sorry state that the RN is in, and where better to see that than DSC where the yard is chocker with rusting laid up hulks waiting for disposal. And thats just the pieces of junk that are 23's :)

Lamri said:
angry_mac said:

I'd be happy if Guzz never held Navy Days ever again. Some jobsworth cnut trying to charge nearly twenty effing quid to get into the dockyard when duty on the Saturday takes the total p155.
On top of that, the public really do need to see the sorry state that the RN is in, and where better to see that than DSC where the yard is chocker with rusting laid up hulks waiting for disposal. And thats just the pieces of junk that are 23's :)

Lol mate we was going on all the ships, and my step - dad said look this ships nice and clean and no rust and looks like its just been painted lol. then every english ship we went on it had rust (even the new in service shps) we went on ships from other countrys and none of them had rust .

We went today and were really impressed by the whole thing, all very well done.
Plenty of meeters and greeters for the admittedly long queue, including gadzooks a Commander! plus oddball acts to entertain the waiters.
It was good to see so many people obviously impressed, and, all the service personel really approachable and pleasant.
The Chilean ship (ex HMS Marlborough?) was really well turned out with all the crew speaking to the guests in english.
By and large a really good day in fantastic weather. It cannot have done the services reputation any harm at all, far from it.

gypquitacorrie

Lantern Swinger
What else did you expect to find on an English ship, I''ll bet you found no rust on the British ships?
At least there is such a thing has English ships Fin!

slim

War Hero
gypquitacorrie said:
What else did you expect to find on an English ship, I''ll bet you found no rust on the British ships?

There's no such thing AS English naval ships.
All RN ships are British.
Though there may be English registered merchant ships.

angry_mac

War Hero
slim said:
gypquitacorrie said:

There's no such thing AS English naval ships.
All RN ships are British.
Though there may be English registered merchant ships.

LOL not if that mole like Alex Salmond gets his way and Scotland degenirates into another Luxembourg. It will be an English RN then. Hope not, we are a greater nation for being a United Kingdom.

Latest Threads