Pompey Hotels

Discussion in 'Travel & The Great Outdoors' started by Lost_Soul, Apr 25, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hey,
    I am hoping some people can help me i have my brother and his missus coming down to see me in pompey in a few weeks and looking for a hotel for them to stay in, can anyone recommend any good ones either with or without HM discount.

Many Thanks
    Lost Soul

2. What about the Home Club ??? was okay in my time!!!Royal Sailors Home Club, Portsmouth, Hampshire, PO1 - Contact ... Royal Sailors Home Club, Clubs & Associations - Social, Leisure & Cultural based in Portsmouth - Contact details, direction map, company & website ...
    www.ihampshire.co.uk/profile/102445/Portsmouth/Royal-Sailors-Home-Club/ - 19k - Cached - Similar pages

3. nosuch place now its called the maritime club http://www.royalmaritimeclub.co.uk/ folow the link

4. Do not forget you can use the short term letting of MQ's for visiting family and friends.

Always worth a look.

5. I can second this, they're an excellent option and have used them myself. A 2 bedroomed flat equipped with everything you need for about £28 per night. Contact details are:

The Manager
    The Short Term Family Accommodation Centre
    12 Paffard Close
    Rowner
    Gosport PO13 9RY

Phone: (023) 9252 8235

E-mail: [email protected]

6. You might check the Holiday Inn at Southsea through their reservations site. There are generally some pretty good offers and you know what standard to expect.

7. :roll: :roll: You have gone up market a tad :wink: from the Dormitory in the Royal Sailors Home Club :lol: :lol: :sex:

8. Have just returned from the Royal Maritime Club(ex Home Club), has stated above it has gone up market and expensive if you are not a member, Meals are good but expensive as well, one night two course meal £16.50 per person, in this day and age who can afford that every night.
    Premier Inns have a hotel on the old Billy Mannings fun fair site, and there is a Ladbrookes at Farlington plus a Travel Lodge at Kingston Crescent, check on line for prices they vary from day to day.

9. Bloody 'ell Scouse, can you imagine moi would ever bunk down in a dormitory anywhere?
    Check back through your credit card bills and you will see that it was YOU who financed our little tete a tetes.... :roll:

10. At least I called my little bedsit the Robins Nest. But you of course called it the Robbin Nest, and mostly from my wallet to pay the rent!!!!!!