Pompey Dockyard Map

Discussion in 'Bases / Shore Est' started by Lamri, Jan 18, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Anyone know if one is available?

Either in the Internet (Unlikely perhaps) or that navyweb type thing ?

Thanks for any help!
  2. Found here on the intranet, cause I'm at work and very, very bored.

Edited, cause I've just realised the whole link doesn't show up in the post, and unless you're sadly stuck at a navynet terminal on a Friday evening, as I am, it won't work.
    If you go to the HMNB Porstmouth homepage, look at "Help & Feedback", select A-Z and go to 'M' for maps its there.

God I'm bored!
  3. Cheers mate, much appreciated :)
  4. Now WHY would a guzz rate need a map of gods naval base??
  5. I don't need a map of gods naval base dear, I know my way around it ;)

Just Pompey NB :)
  6. Blurgh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :threaten: :threaten:
  7. Gaaaarrrrrr!
  8. oooh Im scared!!!!!!!![​IMG]
  9. So you should be woman!
    I'm on my way to pillage you!
    And er, hubby, of course!

10. Bring it on!! Guzz rate!!xx[​IMG]
  11. I heard that Lamri has set sail for good ol' Pompey and is on his way to rape, pillage and generally abuse all of the Brazen household.

Cat and Hubby get raped and poor old Brazen will be pillaged, or is it the other way around. Not sure as I could never really make out those Guzz types in my many years there. :)
  12. Try Google Earth.

Was playing with it the other day (boring day at work) - very clear piccies - and hasn't pompey changed, mind I was last there in 79.

As an aside - any boatmen out there who know where the X craft is, as I couldn't see it in Blockhouse (it might be the eyes of course....)

edited to add: You can print the picture also
  13. Oi!

Bloody 50Klick splitter!
  14. Thanks WM I thought about Google Earth but really need the names of wharfs etc mate :)
    Is North West Wall REALLY as far away as you can get?
  15. NWW is pretty much about the furthest from any gate as it goes if you are walking, but is okay in a car as you park up in the main car park near middle slip and you can easily bimble to it from there (5 mins).

Fountain Lake is probably THE worst one to be berthed at though and is probably Pompeys answer to Rubble Jetty in Guzz.
  16. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Yup North west wall is there to keep the smell away from Pompey. It's a bit like Rubble Jetty, South Yard in pointy-head land where they always stick the Pompey ships in Devonport, mate. :dwarf:

ooh, Brigham beat me! Damn!

Watch out Brendan will be along with another unbiased view....
  17. Actually we're on 1 Jetty at the moment (in Guzz of course) which is right next to Rubble.
    At least you can park your car near the ship though, no parking fascists in South Yard :)
    We are only coming to Pompey for a weekend though, most will probably go back to Guzz, although to be honest I don't see the point after saying bye to the kids.
  18. more than welcome to come for a beer babe?
  19. Is hubby away?
  20. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

Where do people drink in Pompey now? I was there last year and everywhere I used to drink in had either gone or was shite.