Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pompey Dockyard Map

Anyone know if one is available?

Either in the Internet (Unlikely perhaps) or that navyweb type thing ?

Thanks for any help!
:)

Gaaaarrrrrr!

brigham600

War Hero
I heard that Lamri has set sail for good ol' Pompey and is on his way to rape, pillage and generally abuse all of the Brazen household.

Cat and Hubby get raped and poor old Brazen will be pillaged, or is it the other way around. Not sure as I could never really make out those Guzz types in my many years there. :)

Lamri said:

Thanks for any help!

Try Google Earth.

Was playing with it the other day (boring day at work) - very clear piccies - and hasn't pompey changed, mind I was last there in 79.

As an aside - any boatmen out there who know where the X craft is, as I couldn't see it in Blockhouse (it might be the eyes of course....)

edited to add: You can print the picture also

brigham600 said:
I heard that Lamri has set sail for good ol' Pompey and is on his way to rape, pillage and generally abuse all of the Brazen household.

Cat and Hubby get raped and poor old Brazen will be pillaged, or is it the other way around. Not sure as I could never really make out those Guzz types in my many years there. :)
Oi!

Bloody 50Klick splitter!
:D

whitemouse said:
Lamri said:

Thanks for any help!

Try Google Earth.

Was playing with it the other day (boring day at work) - very clear piccies - and hasn't pompey changed, mind I was last there in 79.

As an aside - any boatmen out there who know where the X craft is, as I couldn't see it in Blockhouse (it might be the eyes of course....)

edited to add: You can print the picture also

Thanks WM I thought about Google Earth but really need the names of wharfs etc mate :)
Is North West Wall REALLY as far away as you can get?

brigham600

War Hero
NWW is pretty much about the furthest from any gate as it goes if you are walking, but is okay in a car as you park up in the main car park near middle slip and you can easily bimble to it from there (5 mins).

Fountain Lake is probably THE worst one to be berthed at though and is probably Pompeys answer to Rubble Jetty in Guzz.

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
Lamri said:
Is North West Wall REALLY as far away as you can get?

Yup North west wall is there to keep the smell away from Pompey. It's a bit like Rubble Jetty, South Yard in pointy-head land where they always stick the Pompey ships in Devonport, mate. :dwarf:

ooh, Brigham beat me! Damn!

Watch out Brendan will be along with another unbiased view....

Actually we're on 1 Jetty at the moment (in Guzz of course) which is right next to Rubble.
At least you can park your car near the ship though, no parking fascists in South Yard :)
We are only coming to Pompey for a weekend though, most will probably go back to Guzz, although to be honest I don't see the point after saying bye to the kids.

Where do people drink in Pompey now? I was there last year and everywhere I used to drink in had either gone or was shite.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
janner Parking near Pompey Dockyard The Quarterdeck 9
soleil Pompey News: "Royal Marines Museum To Be Moved To New Home In Dockyard" The Corps 5
trelawney126 BAE & Pompey Dockyard Speculation Current Affairs 5
soleil Pompey News: Princess to Star at Navy Conference in Dockyard Bases / Shore Est 1
soleil Win all-inclusive family tickets to Pompey Historic Dockyard The Quarterdeck 1
soleil Pompey News: Dockyard workers voting on strike action Bases / Shore Est 1
N James May in Pompey Dockyard this afternoon ! The Quarterdeck 5
N Andrew Myers in Pompey Dockyard The Fleet 2
R The Golden Fleece Pompey. Diamond Lil's 18
BreathingOutOnTheWayUp Pompey played up at Wembley & won the Cup... Sports and Adventure Training 2
Stirlin Pompey D - Day plans. History 5
Logisticogs Phase 2 - Chef training, Raleigh or Pompey? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 14
Hooly whats the best married quarter area in Pompey/Fareham /Gosport Nearest & Dearest 21
E All the fours--Pompey-- The Quarterdeck 6
Bad CO Retd Koninklijke Marine Officer Looking to stay in Pompey Social & Reunions 10
S Storage in Pompey? Bases / Shore Est 1
soleil Sydney Morning Herald: "On Dock Of Pompey" The Gash Barge 0
soleil Pompey News: "We’re On A Roll! Bands Of Royal Marines Hope To Clinch New Record" The Corps 1
soleil Pompey News: "Prince William To Visit Gosport’s Newly-restored HMS Alliance" Submariners 4
soleil Pompey News: "Royal Navy Drills Help England Women’s Rugby Squad" Sports and Adventure Training 0
soleil Pompey News: "Weary Portsmouth Sailors Found Peace And Tombola In China Fleet Club" Bases / Shore Est 9
soleil Pompey News: "Portsmouth Soldiers Will Join Final Deployment To Afghanistan" Current Affairs 0
soleil Pompey News: "Navy Aviators Reach Career Milestones On Same Day" The Fleet Air Arm 0
soleil Pompey News: "New Captain Speaks Of Pride After Taking The Helm Of HMS Warrior" Bases / Shore Est 0
soleil Pompey News: "Concern Over Portsmouth Power Supply Ahead Of Warships Arrival" Bases / Shore Est 13
soleil Pompey News: "When The Boys From The Black Squad Came Up For A Smoke" History 1
soleil Pompey News: "1SL Warns That The Royal Navy Faces Losing Its Credibility" The Fleet 5
soleil Pompey News: "Gosport Sailor Freed From Prison Over Gun Drama On Ship" The Fleet 29
soleil Pompey News: "More Than 1,500 Military Jobs To Be Lost" Current Affairs 5
soleil Pompey News: "End Of An Era As Last Surviving Wren Leaves HMS Sultan Naval Branch" Bases / Shore Est 0
soleil Pompey News: "Admiral Backs Plan For Future Of Portsmouth’s Shipyard Operation" Bases / Shore Est 5
soleil Pompey News: "Further Cuts To The Navy Will Make Us Laughing Stock" The Fleet 1
soleil Pompey News: "Home At Last! HMS Illustrious Returns To Portsmouth Today" The Fleet 38
soleil Pompey News: "Royal Naval Medic Becomes The First To Pass Diver Course" Bases / Shore Est 0
soleil Pompey News: "New Naval Officer Can’t Wait For First Job Guiding Warship" The Fleet 0
soleil Pompey News: "New Man Takes Over As Top Warrant Officer" Bases / Shore Est 13
soleil Pompey News: "Royal Navy Shadows Russian Warship Off Scottish Coast" The Fleet 45
soleil Pompey News: "Royal Navy Ship Will Guard Removal Of Chemical Stockpile From Syria" The Fleet 3
soleil Pompey News: "It’s A Knockout! Navy Sailors Battle It Out In A Fun Fitness Challenge" Bases / Shore Est 0
soleil Pompey News: "Shipyard Suffers Knock-Back Over Warship Repairs" Bases / Shore Est 2
soleil Pompey News: "Date Set For HMS Dragon’s Return To Portsmouth" The Fleet 0
soleil Pompey News: "Jobs At Risk At Portsmouth Shipyard" Bases / Shore Est 45
soleil Pompey News: "Time To Be Called At Naval Favourite Ruby’s" Bases / Shore Est 7
soleil Pompey News: "Third Frigate Leaves Portsmouth For The Scrapyard" The Fleet 4
soleil Pompey News: "Is It A Bird? Is It A Plane? Well, Sort Of ...." The Fleet Air Arm 0
soleil Pompey News: "HMS Protector Moved From Portsmouth To Devonport" The Fleet 13
soleil Pompey News: "Award For Policewoman Who Saved Royal Navy Sailor" Bases / Shore Est 2
D Getting to Collingwood from Pompey Bases / Shore Est 21
soleil Pompey News: "Joy As HMS Victory Gets £5m Boost" Bases / Shore Est 0
soleil Pompey News: "Scheme Aims To Get Navy Mums Back To Their Jobs" The Fleet 0