Poll reveals Brown isn't a popular choice for next leader

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by PartTimePongo, Mar 19, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hootsmon
  2. Well no shit!!

A man who has squandered the country's wealth, introduced 99 tax increases (if the Torygraph is to be believed) and has all the charisma of a dead halibut, not forgetting his intense dislike for the Armed Forces, and he expects to be popular?

BTW have you seen his nails? (Bloody hell - today is obviously my personal hygiene day!!!)

3. I think dear Gordon is realising that Tne has suckerred him, yes he is likely to get the party leadership and a short stay in No 10 because really who does NuLabor have as an alternative, but the country is becoming as fed up of Blairism an NuLabor as they were a few years ago with the Tories. So Brown is looking more and more likely to lose the next election whilst Tone sits back and smiles. The final revenge.
  4. Did we really need a poll to tell us this?
    I for one am not looking forward to Brown as PM
  5. Re: Poll reveals Brown isn't a popular choice for next leade

I don't see how he can have a mandate to even stand as an MP.

He cannot fully represent his constituents in Parliament, since they are already represented by their MSP as regards Health, Social Security, Education, Sports etc.

So what gives him the right to propose and vote on legislation on English, Welsh and Ulster constituencies but which are not applicabble to his own?
  6. Re: Poll reveals Brown isn't a popular choice for next leade

Brown is an embarrassment to Scotland.
  7. I'd have you know that dead halibut have some charisma, if you don't mind! :evil: :evil: :evil:

PS: The May 3 elections in Scotland may resolve this for us!

Briny Fisherman of Cromer.
  8. Re: Poll reveals Brown isn't a popular choice for next leade

Beware of the smiling man and this person has a false smile that makes one puke.
  9. Brown doesn't naturally "do" smiles.

Every time I see him grinning inanely, I want to scream and run off into the sunset!
  10. A Gordon for me, a Gordon for me,
    If ye're no a Gordon ye're no use to me.

I for one cannot wait for Gordon to take over from Blair, he will make an excellent PM. He is a credit to Scotland and we should all be dammed proud of him. Nothing to do with the thread but it's those slimey SNP lot that get me reaching for the vomit bag.
  11. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

A young man named Gordon bought a donkey from an old farmer for

The farmer agreed to deliver the donkey the next day, but when the
    farmer drove up he said, "Sorry son, but I have some bad news... the
    donkey is on my truck, but unfortunately he's dead."

Gordon replied, "Well then, just give me my money back."

The farmer said, "I can't do that, because I've spent it already."

Gordon said, "OK then, well just unload the donkey anyway."

The farmer asked, "What are you going to do with him?"

Gordon answered, "I'm going to raffle him off."

To which the farmer exclaimed, "Surely you can't raffle off a dead

But Gordon, with a wicked smile on his face said, "Of course I can,
    you watch me. I just won't bother to tell anybody that he's dead."

A month later the farmer met up with Gordon and asked, "What happened
    with that dead donkey?"

Gordon said, "I raffled him off, sold 500 tickets at two pounds a
    piece, and made a huge, fat profit!!"

Totally amazed, the farmer asked, "Didn't anyone complain that you
    stolen their money because you lied about the donkey being dead?"

To which Gordon replied, "The only guy who found out about the donkey
    being dead was the raffle winner when he came to claim his prize. So
    gave him his £2 raffle ticket money back plus an extra £200, which as
    you know is double the going rate for a donkey, so he thought I was a
    great guy!!"

Gordon grew up and eventually became the Chancellor of the Exchequer,
    and no matter how many times he lied, or how much money he stole from
    the British voters, as long as he gave them back some of the stolen
    money, most of them, unfortunately, still thought he was a great guy.

The moral of this story is that, if you think Gordon is about to play
    fair and do something for the everyday people of the country for once
    in his miserable, lying life, think again my friend, because you'll
    better off flogging a dead donkey!
  12. WHAT?
  13. Re: Poll reveals Brown isn't a popular choice for next leade

Because he is an elected member of the UK Parliament and the Eglish for reasons best know to themselves insist on having all their legislation passed by the said UK Parliament. Westminster is the UK Parliament not as most people in Egland have for long believed the English Parliament, if you want one get one of your own.
  14. Re: Poll reveals Brown isn't a popular choice for next leade

In case you have forgotten, The EU does not recognise England. Since it does not 'exist' it cannot have a parliament - only the farcical and hugely unpopular regional assemblies.

Can't help but notice this little gem though:

There has never been much evidence of Civil Service job cuts in Whitehall - in fact numbers have massively increased under New Labour. So yet again it will be the people doing real jobs that suffer. :roll:
  15. Re: Poll reveals Brown isn't a popular choice for next leade

The reason NuLabor promoted the concept of Eglish regional assemblies was to imply that the Scottish Parliament was little more than a county council and thus maintan the subjugation of the Scots.

There is absolutely nothing to stop there being and English Parliament other than the fear that doing so would enhance the staus of the Scottish Palrlament and heaven forbid the Welsh Assembly.
  16. Re: Poll reveals Brown isn't a popular choice for next leade

Don't get me wrong - I am not advocating an English Parliament since it would only be adding another layer of governmental bureaucracy, waste and ineptitude.

I just find it strange that the MP of a Scottish constituency is being touted as the next UK Prime Minister, despite having little power to influence Education and Health policy in his own constituency or homeland.

If the Scots insist on governing themselves from the Scottish Parliament (not necessarily a bad thing - if that's what they want, then that's their choice), it is inconsistent for the UK to have a Prime Minister (or any other ministers and MPs) deciding these policies for other constituencies, when they have been rendered impotent in their own.

Perhaps it is time to look at restricted voting in the Commons for MPs from Scottish, Welsh (and soon Ulster) constituencies - ie they can only propose and vote on legislation that covers the whole UK (Defence etc).
  17. Re: Poll reveals Brown isn't a popular choice for next leade

How the English choose to rule themselves is their business, but are you really saying that some members of the UK parliament should be disbarred from holding office in the government of the UK.
  18. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

I think that whats being said by several, is that its a very uneven playing field, because of the Labour parties desire to cling to power they will not do anything to upset the Scots/Welsh vote, if this means throwing money in their direction, without question, so be it.

The present Cabinet is packed with the Scots Mafia, so nothing is going to change, no one wants the regional assemblies in England, as has been said, just another, at present appointed to a certain extent, expensive add on.

Talk of taxes being based on house prices is an unfair tax on Southern England, youngsters have little chance of getting into their own homes because of inflated prices, the average for a basic home is fast approaching £200,000, wages in large areas in the South are low, now theres a good idea, lets let people that can buy their houses cheaper pay less taxes (cos in the main they are Labour voters) at the same time lets hit the south (not many Labour votes there anyway).

I live in Dorset, praised by various Gov. bodies because of the fairly economic way its run, its reward, it gets virtually the lowest return of cash from Central Gov. The large inefficient mainly Labour run Councils are rewarded by having cash, including the politically controlled Lottery cash, handed to them for the various crack pot schemes that they come up with.

I could go on but I need lie in a darkened room for a while before I start on Univerity and presciption charges
  19. Brown doesn't realise it yet,but he is going to be the patsy for B.Liar and end up taking the blame for finally killing the Labour Party.
  20. Couldn't agree more Janner. I do not think that regional assemblies will contribute anything to the country and am not in favour of an English assembly either. It represents a costly and needless layer of bureaucracy. The rot started when the Govt gave in to the whingers north of the border and established the Scottish Parliament - it was nail in the coffin of the United Kingdom. Furthermore the level of funding thrown at it is nothing short of scandalous (nice parliament building!!). :evil: :evil: