Political Incorrectness – Electrical Engineering

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by KATWEEZIL, Aug 28, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Anyone out there work in a field where they have working practices that is necessary but politically incorrect, for example…

Black
    Boys
    Rape
    Our
    Young
    Girls
    But
    Violet
    Gives
    Willingly

This is an aid memiore to the Resistor colour code!

(PS Just to prove that the engineering sector HAS evolved the aide memoir used to start "Black B*stards"!)

2. Hydraulic repair tape is refered to as niggers dick
    The drainer on a small craft is commonly called a donkeys dick
    I used to teach and aid memoire for DIODES using an anal sex analogy, not one of my students ever forgot it.

3. Never Heard that one - do tell

4. Just to let them remember that the arse end of it was the anode (AN as in anal) and to recite... I positively (+) love anal sex.

5. Ling

You mean diodes dont you?

6. Has Lingy just admitted to teaching young sparkies the phrase "I positively love anal sex"?
    No wonder the RN is going gay if it's taught in basics.

7. It used to be
    Black
    Bastards
    Rape
    Our
    Young
    Girls
    But
    Virgins
    Go
    Without

And to remember which quadrant was positive, going clockwise round the 360 degrees of a circle in trigonometry, (All, Sine, Tangent and Cosine), I was taught to remeber "All Schoolies Talk Crap"; and once I repeated it to a three ring schooly in collingrad. How I escaped going in the rattle I don't know, I expect he must have misheard me.

8. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

I was taught:

Black
    Boys
    Rape
    Our
    Young
    Girls
    But
    Virgins
    Go
    Without

:lol:

9. Indeed I do matey, well spotted

10. I was told a few years ago to teach them
    Bill brown ran out yelling gor blimey violet get weaving

Needless to say I taught the old method, even with blacks in the class, I asked them prior to the event and no one objected.

11. That was the version they taught in Collingwood. I always found the “but virgins go without†version easier to remember.

:dwarf:

12. Is a Bastard file still so called or has that been renamed?

13. Bunch of Bastards for a tangle of rope, is that still used?
    Used it at work one day in relation to oxygen piping,got some funny looks.
    Cant understand why.

14. We used to call the black copier/printer toner powder, 'Niggers Talc'

15. Nigerian lager is Guinness of course.

16. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Presumably for THERMIONIC valves you used oral sex as the analogy for pre-heating...... :biggrin: .....oops, I'm showing my age..... I used a triode for my very first radio amplifier made when I was 14, run off one of the OLD, LARGE, relativly high current 6v batteries! Great for heating! :roll:

17. Before my time Dad lol

18. FlagWagger

FlagWagger Book Reviewer

Buggers' muddle or snakes' honeymoon were alternative terms I've heard used (as was stoker's hitch).

19. Try one of these..... best CD player around (the CD T300 that is) (you'll need an amp and speakers too, though: I suggest Cyrus)..... and it uses THERMIONIC VALVES!

http://www.walrus.co.uk/shanling/shanling.htm

PS: I lust after one of these.......

My physics master used to teach us an easy way of remembering that Cathodes were negative: Catholics are always Negative. Erm. That wasn't very nice, was it. :roll: