Political Incorrectness – Electrical Engineering

KATWEEZIL

Lantern Swinger
Anyone out there work in a field where they have working practices that is necessary but politically incorrect, for example…

Black
Boys
Rape
Our
Young
Girls
But
Violet
Gives
Willingly

This is an aid memiore to the Resistor colour code!

(PS Just to prove that the engineering sector HAS evolved the aide memoir used to start "Black B*stards"!)

Hydraulic repair tape is refered to as niggers dick
The drainer on a small craft is commonly called a donkeys dick
I used to teach and aid memoire for DIODES using an anal sex analogy, not one of my students ever forgot it.

Has Lingy just admitted to teaching young sparkies the phrase "I positively love anal sex"?
No wonder the RN is going gay if it's taught in basics.

KATWEEZIL said:
Anyone out there work in a field where they have working practices that is necessary but politically incorrect, for example…

Black
Boys
Rape
Our
Young
Girls
But
Violet
Gives
Willingly

This is an aid memiore to the Resistor colour code!

(PS Just to prove that the engineering sector HAS evolved the aide memoir used to start "Black B*stards"!)
It used to be
Black
Bastards
Rape
Our
Young
Girls
But
Virgins
Go
Without

And to remember which quadrant was positive, going clockwise round the 360 degrees of a circle in trigonometry, (All, Sine, Tangent and Cosine), I was taught to remeber "All Schoolies Talk Crap"; and once I repeated it to a three ring schooly in collingrad. How I escaped going in the rattle I don't know, I expect he must have misheard me.

I was told a few years ago to teach them
Bill brown ran out yelling gor blimey violet get weaving

Needless to say I taught the old method, even with blacks in the class, I asked them prior to the event and no one objected.

x4nd

Lantern Swinger
Lingyai said:
Bill brown ran out yelling gor blimey violet get weaving
That was the version they taught in Collingwood. I always found the “but virgins go without†version easier to remember.

:dwarf:

Bunch of Bastards for a tangle of rope, is that still used?
Used it at work one day in relation to oxygen piping,got some funny looks.
Cant understand why.

Lingyai said:
...I used to teach and aid memoire for DIODES using an anal sex analogy, not one of my students ever forgot it.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Presumably for THERMIONIC valves you used oral sex as the analogy for pre-heating...... :biggrin: .....oops, I'm showing my age..... I used a triode for my very first radio amplifier made when I was 14, run off one of the OLD, LARGE, relativly high current 6v batteries! Great for heating! :roll:

Lingyai said:
Before my time Dad lol

Try one of these..... best CD player around (the CD T300 that is) (you'll need an amp and speakers too, though: I suggest Cyrus)..... and it uses THERMIONIC VALVES!

http://www.walrus.co.uk/shanling/shanling.htm

PS: I lust after one of these.......

My physics master used to teach us an easy way of remembering that Cathodes were negative: Catholics are always Negative. Erm. That wasn't very nice, was it. :roll: