Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Political humour, satire, memes etc. Not serious stuff

Scottish government captures significant amount of information'​

Swinney says he believed the Covid inquiry would want to see evidence of decisions, and the information that would go into making those decisions during the pandemic.
Asked by inquiry lawyer Jamie Dawson KC whether information should be retained to allow the Scottish public to observe decision making processes, Swinney responds:
Quote Message: I think the Scottish government captures a very significant amount of information that allows such a judgement to be arrived at [and] publishes a large amount of that information."
I think the Scottish government captures a very significant amount of information that allows such a judgement to be arrived at [and] publishes a large amount of that information."
I think Wee Krankie missed the bit of recording relevant information.

It was obviously so critical we repeated himself! But he missed a key word - useful. The information has to be useful. Knowing what the sexual orientation of a 10 year old is neither useful nor required, but they gathered all that as well.

It was obviously so critical we repeated himself! But he missed a key word - useful. The information has to be useful. Knowing what the sexual orientation of a 10 year old is neither useful nor required, but they gathered all that as well.
Trying to bury vital stuff with irrelevant crap

A reputation?
Should be interesting, Wee Krankie to be questioned, I wonder how many memory blanks she will have? With all relevant evidence Deleted, who can prove anything?
This reads a bit like she was a self centred, pissed with power dictator.

1. 'Anything of substance' properly recorded, says Sturgeon​

Jamie Dawson KC asks Sturgeon about her informal communications, saying that Sturgeon already knew by the time an inquiry was announced that her WhatsApp and private messages had been destroyed.
    Sturgeon replies that she also knew, that "anything of substance" from that material would have been properly recorded, and would have been communicated by her during her daily press briefings.
    She says it is important for the inquiry to have all the information about the government and the decisions they were making.

2. Sturgeon can't recall being sent message deletion policy​

In August 2021, civil servants sent a “do not destroy” email to Scottish government officials, with the subject “Covid-19 inquiry record retention”, says Jamie Dawson KC.
    It explained the importance of keeping material in case it was required for a future inquiry.
    "Do you recall receiving that?" Dawson asks.
    “As far as I am aware I did not receive that,” says Sturgeon
Who's telling Porkies?

She says she doesn't think she ever sent Swinney a WhatsApp - and if she did it was an "exception".
First the denial then the get out, slippery as hell

Remember: Yesterday, Swinney told the inquiry that he had manually deleted texts between himself and Sturgeon from during Covid. He said this was in line with the Scottish government's message deletion policy and was how he had always acted in his 16-year ministerial career.

Last edited:
Well Pakistan has put their ex leader behind bars, the states could learn something from this

And there's more........................................... The BBC are reporting, this morning, that him and his wife have both been sentenced to 14 years for corruption - on top of the 10 years, and the 3 years which he was already serving. Khan says that he is innocent.

And there's more........................................... The BBC are reporting, this morning, that him and his wife have both been sentenced to 14 years for corruption - on top of the 10 years, and the 3 years which he was already serving. Khan says that he is innocent.
It's just not cricket? Who really knows, guilty as charged, or current PM doing a Putin and getting rid of the opposition?

I’ve been busy watching the Post Office Horizon IT inquiry on You Tube. Absolutely appalling that not one person did their job properly. The investigators who all thought it was a slam dunk catching post masters with their hands in the ill. All the so called experts who just covered it all up and now can’t “recall” or “I don’t remember”.

They are all guilty of perverting the course of justice and need locking up. Failure to disclose evidence, bullying interview tactics, failing to investigate alternative causes of the so called missing cash. Even now they refuse to accept that they got it wrong.

I’ve been busy watching the Post Office Horizon IT inquiry on You Tube. Absolutely appalling that not one person did their job properly. The investigators who all thought it was a slam dunk catching post masters with their hands in the ill. All the so called experts who just covered it all up and now can’t “recall” or “I don’t remember”.

They are all guilty of perverting the course of justice and need locking up. Failure to disclose evidence, bullying interview tactics, failing to investigate alternative causes of the so called missing cash. Even now they refuse to accept that they got it wrong.
Unfortunately, it has taken the TV program to put it fully in the public view, it may still take time to get any form of compensation, and will the guilty investigators, PO senior management and the owners of the dodgy software, will ever be held to account?
Lives ruined, prison time, some suicides, some have past away, and still the mess rolls on.

Last edited:
We have been reading regular updates on it in Private Eye for years now. Completely shameul how this could have been allowed to happen in the first place, let alone the repeated efforts to cover it up or relegate it to the inner pages over time. Note there was already an inquiry on about it before the TV drama - and yet the MSM was completely disinterested in it. Then suddenly they couldn't shut up about it. Funny, that.

..and it will continue in that vein for the remainder of the inquiry. It will also become evident that any "smoking gun" evidence will have mysteriously disappeared from the records. The PO have got away with misleading everyone for so long that they cannot bring themselves to change their ways. It is almost as though if you tell the same lie often enough you get to believing it yourself.

Is it me or have they got it wrong regarding the NCS, I was under the impression that Crapita also were recruiting for the mob until very recently - private eye with one eye shut?!
The Eye has got it wrong, Crapita were doing the medical side of recruiting for all the services.

Latest Threads