Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Political Correctness Gone mad

neaters

Midshipman
Can you believe this

The world-famous Red Arrows have been banned from appearing at the 2012 London Olympics because they are deemed "too British".

Organisers of the event say that the Arrows military background might be "offensive" to other countries taking part in the Games. The display team have performed at more than 4000 events worldwide, but the Department of Culture, Media and Sport have deemed the display team "too militaristically British". Red Arrows pilots were said to be "outraged", as they had hoped to put on a truly world class display for the Games, something which had never been seen before. Being axed from a British-based event for being "too British" is an insult - the Arrows are a symbol of Britain

The Red Arrows have been excellent ambassadors for British overseas trade, as they display their British-built Hawk aircraft all over the world.

The Arrows performed a short flypast in 2005 when the winning bid was announced, but their flypast at the Games was to have been truly spectacular.

It is to be hoped that common sense prevails

If you disagree with this decision, please sign the petition on the link below:http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/RedArrows2012/?ref=redArrows2012

Please do forward this on to everyone you can.

John Bennett

656 Sqn Assn

Saxon

Badgeman
Sad day for traditional British culture. Im sure no one will complain when the commies celebrate Beijing 2008 in a traditional Chinese fashion. It seems to me that merely being a Brit is becoming offensive.

NotmeChief

Banned
You might be interested in what I have just emailed to this bunch of nobbers after reading this. I used my real name, address and email.

I wont mince my words. I have just read how your department has banned the Red Arrows from the Olympics. ~What ******** in the department thought that one up. Why don't you people join the real world. If it was in Italy, you can bet your life they would be puting on a display How can something in Britain be classed as too British. 'Every' problem in this country of ours can be put down to you politically correct uninitiated, illerate wallies who think they know better than everyone else. Why don't you get a life and get out more.

If they don't like the word '********', tuff. It's in the Cambridge dictionary and means -
Definition
******** Show phonetics
noun [C] OFFENSIVE
a stupid person:
You ******** - you've dented the back of my car!

terry_rice

Lantern Swinger
NotmeChief said:
You might be interested in what I have just emailed to this bunch of nobbers after reading this. I used my real name, address and email.

I wont mince my words. I have just read how your department has banned the Red Arrows from the Olympics. ~What ******** in the department thought that one up. Why don't you people join the real world. If it was in Italy, you can bet your life they would be puting on a display How can something in Britain be classed as too British. 'Every' problem in this country of ours can be put down to you politically correct uninitiated, illerate wallies who think they know better than everyone else. Why don't you get a life and get out more.

Well said that man!! What a shower of *******.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Shakey More Political Correctness gone mad.... Current Affairs 46
Shakey Political Correctness gone mad. Again. Current Affairs 64
JamesH Political correctness at the zoo... Diamond Lil's 11
Gombear Political Correctness Diamond Lil's 44
FlagWagger Bill Gates on education & political correctness The Quarterdeck 7
creddly How far is this political correctness going to go? The Gash Barge 19
slim Political correctness, load of [email protected]@cks Diamond Lil's 10
slim Political Correctness & its Effects on Humour Diamond Lil's 41
dubaipusser Political Correctness has no place in Remembrance Day Current Affairs 28
MoD_RSS Addressing a Syrian-led political transition and the humanitarian crisis in Syria MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Lord Walney announced as independent adviser on political violence and disruption MoD News 0
MoD_RSS The need for a political settlement to solve the crisis in Syria MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK and Ukraine sign Political, Free Trade and Strategic Partnership Agreement MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Progressing on a political process to end the Syrian conflict MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Supporting economic and political stability in Iraq MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Political campaigning online to be made more transparent under new rules MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Reaching an inclusive and Syrian-led political process in Syria MoD News 0
MoD_RSS An inclusive political solution in Libya is still greatly needed MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Lord (Tariq) Ahmad of Wimbledon statement on Afghanistan political agreement MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Progress is still needed if a political settlement is to be reached in Syria MoD News 0
B Political Opinions Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 12
MoD_RSS The process of seeking a political solution in Syria must not cease MoD News 0
MoD_RSS A ceasefire and cooperation with the UN political process is the best defense against the devastating effects of Covid-19 in Yemen. MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Calling for a political settlement in Syria MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Bringing the political process forward in Yemen MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Intimidation in Public Life: Letter to political parties on election pledge MoD News 0
MoD_RSS British Ambassador to Kosovo´s roundtable speech at the Group for Legal and Political Studies MoD News 0
B Concerns about Personal Political Opinions Current Affairs 1
MoD_RSS PM meeting with five of Northern Ireland's main political parties: 31 July 2019 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Political and economic progress in Israel and the Occupied Palestinian Territories MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Speech: Inclusive political dialogue in Central Africa MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Speech: Progress towards political, economic and security reforms in Somalia MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Statement to parliament: Secretary of State Oral Statement on Political Talks MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Speech: No reconstruction assistance without a credible political settlement MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Secretary of State for Northern Ireland statement on political talks MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Speech: Focusing on children's safety and a need for enhanced political process in Yemen MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Speech: The effects of human rights violations on the population and the political future of Haiti MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Speech: Inclusive Political Participation in Afghanistan MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Speech: Addressing political instability in Syria MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Speech: Urging the Government of Sudan to embark upon the political and economic reforms necessary to deliver true stability MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Speech: Farewell to Special Envoy and reflections on the political situation in Syria MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: UK welcomes resolution of the political situation in Sri Lanka MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Draft Withdrawal Agreement and Outline Political Declaration MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Speech: Building an irreversible and durable political process in Syria MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Speech: Better Education and Stronger Political Opportunities for Women MoD News 0
N Can political affiliations affect your career? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 7
MoD_RSS Speech: Supporting a UN-led political solution in Yemen MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Speech: Call for a Political Settlement to Address the Humanitarian Crisis and Security... MoD News 0
Ballistic Political Bollocks Diamond Lil's 3249
MoD_RSS Press release: Minister for the Middle East calls for political solution to Yemen conflict MoD News 0