Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Political Correctness gone mad. Again.

creakin said:
wompingwillow said:
to stay of topic

No I let him see her when ever he wants, at the end of the day what right do I have to denigh my daughter her father no matter what a prick he's been to me, he's still her dad.

I don't consider myself a nag bag, studied sports science at uni, qualified fitness instructor etc, and pride myself in trying to look the best I can. I have no intention of becoming bitter and twisted towards men or bringing my daughter up to feel the same.

But so many women do again I get tarred with that brush. I think it's completely fucked up when women are able to stop their child from seeing their dad, the only time this should be considered is if the dads a twat and abusive.

Its no good for the child, OK I don't particaly like the bloke, but why should my own selfishness stop my child from having another set of grandparents, uncles, aunts etc.

It should be made so much more easier not just for dads but for other members of the child's family to go through the courts to get access and the mother should be punished if they don't ahear to the access visits

Just my opion I'll get off me high horse

WW

WW.

Your reply has restored some confidence back in me that not all relationships destroy a childs family ties. If the child when its older 18ish then decides that its dad is a complete waste of time, then fair do's, could also go the other way of course - like dad and bin the mum(for being a bitch and not allowing access to dad). Could I give you my sons ex girlfriends details so you can have a chat ????

creakin

thats my main point what right do I have to decide if my child should see someone who had a 50% say in her being formed, at the end of the day we didn't work. Not through lack of trying on ether part.

Sadly to many women go ahead with pregnancy now a days to become martyrs to the course, they want to feel special ; and feel the best way is to be intelligent, successful and bring up a child single handily, sadly this also works for women who are less socially, intelligent and work related better off.

They still think having a child now nowadays makes you different from everyone else, and until the government sorts out their unfriendly family tax, benefit and work laws this is always going to be the same.

Yes having a child is amazing, but having a child that has two loving parents, who ether live together or apart is most important. I knew that my child was better off having me and my ex living apart because together we were like argumentative kids.

I can safely say he's one of the best friends I've ever had now and we have been known to spend hours on the phone chatting. Maybe I've just grown up emotionally since having my child I don't know?

I'd gladly chat to any mum who thinks it's right to cut off the father from their child's life, and have ranted to others at playgroup on this subject. I've never involved solicitors or the like to get involved, and feel the only women who do this should stop watching so much Trisha!

As for my comments yes I put them in a public forum and hopefully thous from this site who have got to know me know I put them on as a means to start a health debate and full expect god knows how much abuse in reply.

Frankly it's water of a ducks back. I'm fairly young looking for my age, I'll never forget being allowed a chair at work, when asked by a mature lady why, I replied because I was pregnant. She then looked down her nose at me and said, well you'll never get a boyfriend now will you, you should have got rid of why you had the chance, tat full of what!

Yes I'm sat on my arse now but give me a year and no disrespect to any of you I will probably be earning twice as much of you. As I attend to find work as ( after post grad study) ether a physio or a podiatrist.

At the end of the day like I said in an earlier post, I've taken time out to teach my child all the basics and without putting pressure on the child, because of this give her a better chance of also making something good out of her life.

Rant over

WW

Frankly it's water of a ducks back. I'm fairly young looking for my age, I'll never forget being allowed a chair at work, when asked by a mature lady why, I replied because I was pregnant. She then looked down her nose at me and said, well you'll never get a boyfriend now will you, Probably

Yes I'm sat on my arse now but give me a year and no disrespect to any of you I will probably be earning twice as much of you. You wish

Rant over Doubt that

WW

I like the way Western women just take loads of time off and claim benefits when they drop a sprog, most other countries have nothing and still manage to work and support kids, no benefits and only family assistance. We have a lazy assed culture but sadly it is too far gone to ever change without having chav riots.
Rant just beginning,
Ling

Lingyai said:
I like the way Western women just take loads of time off and claim benefits when they drop a sprog, most other countries have nothing and still manage to work and support kids, no benefits and only family assistance. We have a lazy assed culture but sadly it is too far gone to ever change without having chav riots.
Rant just beginning,
Ling

Of course one of the reasons for this is that rightly or wrongly we have moved on from the extended family system which still exists where you are to a more national social welfare system. For many parents in the west today extended family assistance is just not practical.

It is a regretable fact of life today that unless you choose to live on benefits most familys need two incomes to survive. Mr and Mrs average today will almost certainly make arrangements for Mrs to get back to work at the end of the maternity leave/pay period, a benefit your mother got so it is not a new trendy one.

Yes there are the headline cases that the right wing rags publish but they hide the thousands who just get on with it and don't try to rip the state of.

Peter

Maxi_77 said:
It is a regretable fact of life today that unless you choose to live on benefits most familys need two incomes to survive.....
Peter

Depends on your definition of "survival". No family has a right to a car, holidays abroad, the latest electronic gadgetry etc unless they can afford them. That affording should not be furnished through benefits and the mild acceptance by the DSS of claims for televisions and the like as furniture is laughable.

It has to be worth going to work to earn a living, so benefits should only ever cover the necessities of life and never add up to the minimum wage, otherwise there is no incentive for those who have always lived on benefit to break the mould.

The problem for many families is that they need two income to cover the mortgage, never mind any thing else, the lucky ones are those that can use the whole second income for the extras. There are plenty of folk on benefits living near me and they certainly aren't living in luxury.

Peter

Latest Threads