Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Political humour, satire, memes etc. Not serious stuff

Just when I thought I couldn't despise this arsehole any more, this happens o_O

What exactly did you think he could do about that? Are you seriously saying Magic Grandpa would have done anything different? There is a reason why the refrain is often "we cannot comment on individual cases". Yes, he could have said that it would

This was an ambush, pure and simple. Journalistic trick that is using reprehensible methods to simply generate headlines. Cynical.

I think a fine case of foot in mouth and not clearing stern arcs?
With a high level of back peddling.

Ashworth defends leaked recording criticising Corbyn as 'banter'

Jonathan Ashworth

BBCCopyright: BBC
So that story we mentioned... Shadow health secretary Jonathan Ashworth has defended a leaked recording - in which he apparently said Jeremy Corbyn becoming prime minister was "not going to happen" - as "banter" with a friend.
In the recording, published by political website Guido Fawkes, Mr Ashworth reportedly says Labour's election prospects nationally are "dire" because of "a combination of Corbyn and Brexit".
Mr Ashworth was appearing on the BBC's Victoria Derbyshire programme to talk about the NHS but was confronted with the story.
He says he made the comments to someone he thought was a friend, whom he describes as a Tory activist.
He says he was not being serious but "joshing" with the friend after he suggested the Tories' lead was narrowing.
“Of course I said it, but I’m winding him up," he tells the programme.

Just picked this up from another site:-

The A&E was under great pressure. A four year old with suspected pneumonia was obliged to sleep on the floor on and under coats as there was no bed available. The hospital said they were under pressure with many patients - There were only chairs at that time... The boy did not have "pneumonia " He was later diagnosed with "flu and tonsillitis" - Boris was asked by Joe Pike to look at a photo on the phone, it seems out of the blue - Seems Boris took Joe Pikes phone and then looked at the picture and apologised for anyone having a hard time at A&E - Not all reports have that.
Why was there no bed? had anyone with say a broken arm occupying a bed? How did Joe Pike get the photo?
Being Boris had nil to do with the cuts imposed by Cameron and Osborne - Caused in part by Gordon Brown who handed our money to bankers.. I would hope Labour do not try and make political capital about an under pressure A&E unit - It was expected that extra demands would be made on the NHS this winter..
I am glad the boy did not have "pneumonia " - Flue is better that that anytime and the boy was discharged the day after..This post is I have read the reports. Mother took the photo and I understand this happened last week December 3rd. Why has it come to light NOW. ...........

I'm not a fan of BJ and think that Gove is the better man, but as things stand I can only see voting for the best of a poor bunch, which is, in my case BJ.

Hole digging getting deeper

A bit more on that leaked recording. In it, John Ashworth, Labour frontbencher, is asked by a friend whether “it would be as bad as I suspect” if Jeremy Corbyn got into power.
Mr Ashworth appears to reply: "I don’t know, on the security stuff, I worked in No 10, I think the machine will pretty quickly move to safeguard security (I mean the civil service machine). But it’s not going to happen! I can’t see it happening!”
Asked by the BBC’s Victoria Derbyshire whether he believes Mr Corbyn is a threat to national security, Mr Ashworth replies: “No of course I don’t,” repeating his claim that he was only joking with a friend.
Our assistant political editor Norman Smith suggests the leak could have an impact on the campaign...

What exactly did you think he could do about that? Are you seriously saying Magic Grandpa would have done anything different? There is a reason why the refrain is often "we cannot comment on individual cases". Yes, he could have said that it would

This was an ambush, pure and simple. Journalistic trick that is using reprehensible methods to simply generate headlines. Cynical.

Where did I compare the two?

This is just yet another illustration of his general character.

"How does this benefit me?"
"It doesn't."
"Let's dismiss it then. Nobody else matters".

Just picked this up from another site:-

The A&E was under great pressure. A four year old with suspected pneumonia was obliged to sleep on the floor on and under coats as there was no bed available. The hospital said they were under pressure with many patients - There were only chairs at that time... The boy did not have "pneumonia " He was later diagnosed with "flu and tonsillitis" - Boris was asked by Joe Pike to look at a photo on the phone, it seems out of the blue - Seems Boris took Joe Pikes phone and then looked at the picture and apologised for anyone having a hard time at A&E - Not all reports have that.
Why was there no bed? had anyone with say a broken arm occupying a bed? How did Joe Pike get the photo?
Being Boris had nil to do with the cuts imposed by Cameron and Osborne - Caused in part by Gordon Brown who handed our money to bankers.. I would hope Labour do not try and make political capital about an under pressure A&E unit - It was expected that extra demands would be made on the NHS this winter..
I am glad the boy did not have "pneumonia " - Flue is better that that anytime and the boy was discharged the day after..This post is I have read the reports. Mother took the photo and I understand this happened last week December 3rd. Why has it come to light NOW. ...........

I'm not a fan of BJ and think that Gove is the better man, but as things stand I can only see voting for the best of a poor bunch, which is, in my case BJ.
agree Poor show by Reporters and Labour propaganda machine, for trying to score points of a young boys illness.
as for last statement kind of like Boris as a bonkers MP, good PM? but agree with best of a bad bunch.

Where did I compare the two?

This is just yet another illustration of his general character.

"How does this benefit me?"
"It doesn't."
"Let's dismiss it then. Nobody else matters".

I think that this is an extremely unfair mis-representation of what occurred as there was no right answer to this. As I say, it was a cynical ambush ploy. None of the others would have reacted that much differently, and most people seem to be totally ignoring what he DID say, just to score points. T'was ever thus, but doesn't make it right.

If I was in the same position I doubt I would have done any better. Remember the Mirror pictures of the British soldiers that never actually was? Or the one with Corbyn sitting on the floor of a train? How was BJ to know this wasn't staged? A picture paints a thousand words but doesn't tell the full story. BJ knows this hence why he wasn't going to be dragged down that route.

We can agree to disagree on this point. For the record, I do feel that he is an inveterate liar who has Brand Johnston as his primary and over-riding concern at all times, but when I place my cross in the box this Thursday it is not for the Leader but the candidate I am voting for.

No idea where this is from, if true, total media stitch up, bet this doesn't get the same coverage?

No idea
Image may contain: 3 people, people smiling, text
From the POLITICO newsletter today:

<<No one is blaming CCHQ for this one, but reports emerged last night that right-wing conspiracy theories about the A&E photo being “faked” are circulating online. Controversial Telegraph columnist Allison Pearson is among those peddling the claims. It’s worth bearing in mind the hospital has already made a formal apology to the boy and his family, and confirmed there were “only chairs available in the treatment room, and no beds.” The health secretary has also apologized. Oh and here’s a Twitter thread from the Yorkshire Evening Post journo who broke the story, explaining why it’s true.>>

And this folks is why the decline of journalism, true journalism, has been effectively lost due to the immediacy and plethora of web-based 'sources' who have no interest in accuracy or truth.

As the old saying goes, a country votes for the government it deserves and the same would seem to hold true for the media we now choose to consume. It is only going to get worse. And in the meantime, the people who really do mean you harm are watching with envious eyes and slowly, but surely, are drawing their plans against us.

Latest Threads