Political Bollocks

Sumo

War Hero
Looks like LibDems & SNP will just have to watch the live debate with everyone else, and wonder will I ever be important?
The computer (judges) said No.
Tight fisted gits will have to buy a ticket like normal people and not put it down to electoral expenses.

Last edited:

Dredd

War Hero
Super Moderator
I posted this on the Scottish Politics Thread on the Other Side, so re-post it here:

I found it interesting that despite shrieking that the nation (the big One, nae the wee wan) needs and deserves to hear what the 3rd largest Party in Parliament has to say with regards to a General Election, they [SNP] were conspicuous by their absence at the CBI event. Strange, as the other three contenders were there and made very sure they were heard.

Was this because:

1. There are so few actual Nats available on any given day that they couldn't be at court AND conference at the same time, or

2. It was an obvious ploy to feed the grievance manufacturing machine and so they didn't see how being there would play to their advantage, or

3. They have very little to say to or about business, or

4. Their true colours shone through yet again as they will not attend anything with the word British in it?

My contempt for them grows deeper by the day. The judge probably saw that and said "Well, Swinson bothered to turn up so perhaps she is serious about wanting to state the Lib Dem case to the UK electorate but Wee Nippy could not be ar$ed so case dismissed as unfounded".

Sumo

War Hero
I posted this on the Scottish Politics Thread on the Other Side, so re-post it here:

I found it interesting that despite shrieking that the nation (the big One, nae the wee wan) needs and deserves to hear what the 3rd largest Party in Parliament has to say with regards to a General Election, they [SNP] were conspicuous by their absence at the CBI event. Strange, as the other three contenders were there and made very sure they were heard.

Was this because:

1. There are so few actual Nats available on any given day that they couldn't be at court AND conference at the same time, or

2. It was an obvious ploy to feed the grievance manufacturing machine and so they didn't see how being there would play to their advantage, or

4. Their true colours shone through yet again as they will not attend anything with the word British in it?

My contempt for them grows deeper by the day. The judge probably saw that and said "Well, Swinson bothered to turn up so perhaps she is serious about wanting to state the Lib Dem case to the UK electorate but Wee Nippy could not be ar$ed so case dismissed as unfounded".
We Cranky no show at CBI!
1. would this show the SNP's lack of future planning for business
2. No point letting Scotland know they have no plans just hot air
3. There is no future for Scottish business under SNP?
4. The CBI audience would ask realistic hard questions
5. Wee cranky does not want to share center stage with anyone that would take her headline away?

Sumo

War Hero
Does this mean that for all who have worked they way through life, doing well and saving, labour are going to rob you blind and give it to those who have not done so well or couldn't be arrsed to do well?

He is also not the Chancellor or even an MP at this time?

McDonnell: 'Grotesque levels of inequality' in UK

Today Programme
BBC Radio 4
Chancellor John McDonnell tells BBC Radio 4's Today programme that there are "grotesque levels of inequality in this country".
He says that needs to be tackled and that is "the main thrust of Labour going into government".
"We want to create a society where everybody has a decent quality of life," he says.
"I’m saying £100bn has been given away in cuts in capital gains tax, cuts to inheritance tax and again cuts to income tax at the highest level."

Sumo

War Hero
And we think our own politicians talk out of their arses... :D

Reminds me of the Peter Sellers lift sketch when someone lets rip and they all fall over laughing, that became more famous than the sketch, what does that say about British humor?

SONAR-BENDER

War Hero

Was this because:

I'm a (very) proud Jock. As with most of my contemporaries, while at school we all had the SNP logo on our school bags. Then we grew up, got jobs and woke up! Those who didn't get jobs tend to still have the SNP logo on their bags.

Kranky and Fishman before her are literally playing to the masses. I'm no financial wazard, but even I can see the Scotland cannot survive nu ditching Faslane, relying on whisky production and what is left of the oil.Then there is the loss of the Barnett Formula.

I detest her and what she stands for.

Ballistic

War Hero
Ha ha :D :D :D

I've just noticed what I've got in common with Boris Johnson.

We're both bald.

But I'm not trying to hide it ... amongst other things...

Latest Threads