Political Bollocks

Sumo

War Hero
Words not minced...

JRM may not have thought his words out, but over reaction, yes it was horrific, yes very sad with loss of life.
We are/were all trained as fire fighters in the mob, if not involved get as far away as possible, even at work if alarms sound, rules are stop what you are doing and leave the building by shortest route.

Ballistic

War Hero
JRM may not have thought his words out, but over reaction, yes it was horrific, yes very sad with loss of life.
We are/were all trained as fire fighters in the mob, if not involved get as far away as possible, even at work if alarms sound, rules are stop what you are doing and leave the building by shortest route.
Not for Grenfell.
Or other tower blocks.

Rules/advice was to stay put and await rescue, because the buildings were designed to contain the fire in individual flats.
Trouble is, the building had been retrofitted with flammable cladding but nobody had changed the rules/advice.

The inquiry continues...

Sumo

War Hero
What gets me If Corbyn and Co, would not pass the new entry security checks and yet if he was pm they would have access to the national security, and be able to effect our national security? Absolutely bonkers.

Ageing_Gracefully

War Hero
Review Editor
Book Reviewer
What gets me If Corbyn and Co, would not pass the new entry security checks and yet if he was pm they would have access to the national security, and be able to effect our national security? Absolutely bonkers.
Depends what they would be given to look at. Harold Wilson apparently was kept well out of the loop on many sensitive matters.

Ballistic

War Hero
This is how I feel watching political interviews on TV :rolleyes:

I was going to put this in the "Pointless signs" thread but I thought this was a better fit.

Latest Threads