Political Bollocks

Sumo

War Hero
As I freely admit to not understanding most of the goings on (don't be too nasty to me @Levers_Aligned ;) ) but what is the situation if the SC decides it's a political problem, not a legal one?

Any thoughts @huwshpis ?
That is my take on the 3 lower courts, if they found it in that Manor, case dismissed, Westminster still closed. No idea if they could appeal to a European Court as this is a specifically British issue.

D

Deleted 493

You really are a nasty vindictive twat. How grown up that post was. You said you're a WO - sure that isn't OD?

Just let it go, so the site can get back to some semblance of normality.

Out
If you're 'out' then stay out, idiot boy.

Speaking of ;vindictive twats' let's discuss your worrying (and somewhat creepy) .xls you and your 'mates'have compiled on this callsign. I mean, I can take it. What I don't like is a subnormal like Sumo using my families details as leverage. I mean, if his stature has been reduced to so low a level, I could understand, but anyone can go on a deets search, call in some old favours, unearth some horrifying information about people, can't they. Eh? Sumo?

You might best go back your previous position and stay on the fringes of this dispute Sonar. Or I'll moderate you. Simple as.

levers

D

Deleted 493

Fill ones boots my lovely
Y'know, I just KNEW you hadn't got me on ignore. Just KNEW it. Don't ask me how. Call it 'special skills'. Call it 'moderators initiative'. But summat told me you were wholly and resoundingly full of shit. So much so, you fucking squeak.

Now, how's about you stop sticking right wing links up which chime with your daft, disastrous mindset and get with the real, modern world eh? C'mon. Don't follow Slim. He's had it. He's like a used johnny, fucked inside and out by yours truly and 'the modern world' which surrounds him. Just stop. Realise you're onto a loser and fucking get with it.

levers

Sumo

War Hero
Y'know, I just KNEW you hadn't got me on ignore. Just KNEW it. Don't ask me how. Call it 'special skills'. Call it 'moderators initiative'. But summat told me you were wholly and resoundingly full of shit. So much so, you ******* squeak.

Now, how's about you stop sticking right wing links up which chime with your daft, disastrous mindset and get with the real, modern world eh? C'mon. Don't follow Slim. He's had it. He's like a used johnny, fucked inside and out by yours truly and 'the modern world' which surrounds him. Just stop. Realise you're onto a loser and ******* get with it.

levers
You were on ignore until last weekend, it looked like, you may have gotten over your midlife crisis I may be wrong, on the naughty step you go again :)

D

Deleted 493

You were on ignore until last weekend, it looked like, you may have gotten over your midlife crisis I may be wrong, on the naughty step you go again :)
What the fuck does that mean, you gibbering simpleton?

You're seriously struggling, aren't you?

I can see you looking at my responses, you fucking wand.

levers

The Political Bollocks thread has really turned into a microcosm of what's happening the country. I think We have been massively let down by politicians of all stripes. It's such a step for the nation ,I think we should have had a government on national unity from the day the vote went through.Like during the War. Not just politicians,but Business people, Academics, Security types (stand fast DUP) There was so much disinformation and lies prior to the referendum. I think we need a referendum on whither We should have another referendum. Then when it goes through.Form the above mentioned government of national unity,and if exiting,Do it right.

Sumo

War Hero
@SARKING agree, there should have been a best way forward team put together and not the 3 years of play ground antics, cross party cross businesses. I don't think the insulation of Westminster is really seeing the country at odds with its self.

slim

War Hero
The Political Bollocks thread has really turned into a microcosm of what's happening the country. I think We have been massively let down by politicians of all stripes. It's such a step for the nation ,I think we should have had a government on national unity from the day the vote went through.Like during the War. Not just politicians,but Business people, Academics, Security types (stand fast DUP) There was so much disinformation and lies prior to the referendum. I think we need a referendum on whither We should have another referendum. Then when it goes through.Form the above mentioned government of national unity,and if exiting,Do it right.
The referendum gave a result which stated Leave.
How many more referendums should we have?
If remain wins by a small majority then Leavers would be entitled to ask for yet another referendum, so thatthe decision could be clarified.
The electorate voted the result was clear, unfortunatelly the government has done a rubbish job of implementing this result.

If remain wins by a small majority then Leavers would be entitled to ask for yet another referendum, so thatthe decision could be clarified.
The electorate voted the result was clear, unfortunatelly the government has done a rubbish job of implementing this result.
I agree.The government has done a rubbish job from day one.And theres no proper opposition party in the country which I feel You need for a properly functioning democracy. I just hate to see the country so riven,and feel Im witnessing the break up of the UK, nevermind just leaving the EU.

Exprop

Lantern Swinger
I have really been trying to stay out of this but I can't let that pass without comment.

There is no logical reason why 'Leavers' would be entitled to ask for anything if there is a second referendum,. That is childish. If they believe that the result of the 2016 referendum should stand then there is surely no grounds for not accepting the result of another.

After all, we only got into this mess because a small group of Tory backbenchers and UKIP decided that we shouldn't accept the result of the previous referendum which was supposed to settle the matter for ever. They lobbied for a referendum to overturn the result of the previous one.

As for the result being clear, I should say that it is anything but. 'Leave' means 'Leave' but it does not specify whether that should be a 'soft' Norway-style Brexit. a hard Teresa May style Brexit or on a no-deal basis. That has been the basis of the political debate for the past 3 years- not whether the referendum result was to leave but on what basis we should do so. It is only those mendacious enough to claim that the result provides a clear mandate for their particular style of exit who believe that the debate is over.

You, like all of us, should accept democratic decisions on this matter - even if they are taken by parliament rather than directly by the people - and even if you think those decisions are wrong.

Latest Threads