Political Bollocks

Sumo

War Hero
So Scottish judges say it's illegal, English judges say it's legal and now up to the Supreme Court, if I've read that correctly.
that is my reading, and appears to be No10 current stance, the speaker has said only the government can recall after Proroguing parliament.

Levers_Aligned

War Hero
Talk to them?
Yeah. Explain to them that they've been fucking conned by xenophobic dogma and lies on the side of busses. And by a bumbling, incompetent oaf currently sat in Number Ten.

Better still, ask any leavers and fence sitters how much membership of the EU costs personally them, how much better off they'll be out of the EU and which laws they can cite which makes their personal existence so unbearable.

Also, ask them what advantage the UKs trade would gain under the 'unelected' WTO. And how many trade deals we've arranged and how much these will increase GDP.

Just for starters.

(answers: "Erm ... ah ... erm ... *shrug* ... dunno ... erm ... well ... erm ... immigrants ... "

levers

huwshpis

War Hero
So Scottish judges say it's illegal, English judges say it's legal and now up to the Supreme Court, if I've read that correctly.
Wrecks, exactly right. I haven't been able to read the Scots judgment, so I don't know exactly why they ruled the way they did. It may be that their Claim of Right is sufficiently different from our Bill of Rights to allow this, but it's a nice mess for the Supreme Court to deal with. I should expect the SC to sit as a bench of 9 for something this important.

WreckerL

War Hero
Wrecks, exactly right. I haven't been able to read the Scots judgment, so I don't know exactly why they ruled the way they did. It may be that their Claim of Right is sufficiently different from our Bill of Rights to allow this, but it's a nice mess for the Supreme Court to deal with. I should expect the SC to sit as a bench of 9 for something this important.
How many normally sit?

fishhead

War Hero
I think the Scottish M'Luds were a bit miffed because Boris didn't rock up in court a plead his case in person. So it follows that if your case isn't worth proper defending it must be a pile of poo.

Yeah. Explain to them that they've been ******* conned by xenophobic dogma and lies on the side of busses. And by a bumbling, incompetent oaf currently sat in Number Ten.

Better still, ask any leavers and fence sitters how much membership of the EU costs personally them, how much better off they'll be out of the EU and which laws they can cite which makes their personal existence so unbearable.

Also, ask them what advantage the UKs trade would gain under the 'unelected' WTO. And how many trade deals we've arranged and how much these will increase GDP.

Just for starters.

(answers: "Erm ... ah ... erm ... *shrug* ... dunno ... erm ... well ... erm ... immigrants ... "

levers
Quite.

(Ermm, do you have any other records? Just asking for a friend WINK WINK )

Sumo

War Hero
Corbynski hammer paper

Worst possible case paper. Or is it?

• Cause has much havoc as possible to imperialist government
  • Set up imperialist leader to look weak and stupid.
  • Force new laws through to force imperialist leader to go back on his word, by the19 October.
  • Try to recall parliament for more belittling havoc, bring imperialist leader to his knees.
  • Regardless of how good a deal the imperialist leaders comes up with, vote against.
  • Oct 14 show no emotion to Queens’s speech.
  • Oct 19 make imperialist leader fall on sword.
  • Oct 21 vote Queen’s speech down.
  • Oct 22 call for no confidence in imperialist government.
  • 14 Days to set up a majority to take over No10, offer SNP new referendum, offer Sinn Fein more power, offer any old lies to get majority.
  • Do not need to call General Election, I am God.
  • First order, cancel Armed Forces Veteran’s Office and replace be kind to terrorist office.
  • Second order cancel funding for armed forces, start sacking the military, look for Hench Men, Royalist hating SNCO would be a good start.
  • Start taxing the rich, government MP’s exempt.
  • Once rich leave country tax everyone else 50% basic rising to 70% to fund my ideas.
  • Long reign King Corbynski ,
  • Leave the EU by any means, I hate the EU.
  • UK totally on its knees within 2 years
  • Thanks to all the winging whining remainers for making this possible.

Levers_Aligned

War Hero
Corbynski hammer paper

Worst possible case paper. Or is it?

• Cause has much havoc as possible to imperialist government
  • Set up imperialist leader to look weak and stupid.
  • Force new laws through to force imperialist leader to go back on his word, by the19 October.
  • Try to recall parliament for more belittling havoc, bring imperialist leader to his knees.
  • Regardless of how good a deal the imperialist leaders comes up with, vote against.
  • Oct 14 show no emotion to Queens’s speech.
  • Oct 19 make imperialist leader fall on sword.
  • Oct 21 vote Queen’s speech down.
  • Oct 22 call for no confidence in imperialist government.
  • 14 Days to set up a majority to take over No10, offer SNP new referendum, offer Sinn Fein more power, offer any old lies to get majority.
  • Do not need to call General Election, I am God.
  • First order, cancel Armed Forces Veteran’s Office and replace be kind to terrorist office.
  • Second order cancel funding for armed forces, start sacking the military, look for Hench Men, Royalist hating SNCO would be a good start.
  • Start taxing the rich, government MP’s exempt.
  • Once rich leave country tax everyone else 50% basic rising to 70% to fund my ideas.
  • Long reign King Corbynski ,
  • Leave the EU by any means, I hate the EU.
  • UK totally on its knees within 2 years
  • Thanks to all the winging whining remainers for making this possible.
^ senile ^ ^ shouts at traffic ^

levers