Political Bollocks

dapperdunn

War Hero
Book Reviewer
Does it follow that the SNP's electoral success is entirely due to rose-tinted romanticism brought on by too much alcohol?
I'm just reading a book about Alistair MacLean and how his RN service influenced his writing (review to follow) and there's a quote by him in it:
"Most striking feature about Scotland is not Scotland itself but the vast droves of its loyal citizens who regularly depart from their enchanted homeland with such a fixed and avowed determination never to return to it again"

Sumo

War Hero
I'm just reading a book about Alistair MacLean and how his RN service influenced his writing (review to follow) and there's a quote by him in it:
"Most striking feature about Scotland is not Scotland itself but the vast droves of its loyal citizens who regularly depart from their enchanted homeland with such a fixed and avowed determination never to return to it again"
@SONAR-BENDER almost one of them

WreckerL

War Hero
Super Moderator
The Scots, spend half their life trying to leave Scotland and when they succeed spend the other half singing about how great it is!!

I had the deep joy of flying back to Malaga in a plane full of drunken Rangers supporters last night. It seems there is a gayball match this week in Sevilla - who knew?

The point of this is, they were total Neds, all the chants and songs, stamping the floor in time with the 'singing' and totally ignoring the crew. The pilot even came on and said he'd have the police waiting if they didn't shut up. A lot of the stuff was sectarian and would/could have been offensive to folk.

I pointed out to SWMBO that it was virtually guaranteed that every last one was a SNP voter.
Yes, as an expat, now living in Canada...one of the great advantages is that I have left all of the secterian bile that still is commonplace in the west of Scotland, and regretfully elsewhere in the British Isles. Unfortunately, they live and breed among us still.