Political Bollocks

Dredd

War Hero
Super Moderator
It does. And it's own currency.....

The illusion of it's own currency - it is tied to the Bank of England as the lender of last resort (as you have already said). Which will be withdrawn should it be daft enough to pee all the benefits of Union away.

It will be the ultimate example of a country that has won a Pyrrhic victory.

dapperdunn

War Hero
Book Reviewer
The illusion of it's own currency - it is tied to the Bank of England as the lender of last resort (as you have already said). Which will be withdrawn should it be daft enough to pee all the benefits of Union away.

It will be the ultimate example of a country that has won a Pyrrhic victory.
I'm sure Wee Jimmy has a plan. :rolleyes:

SONAR-BENDER

War Hero
I had the deep joy of flying back to Malaga in a plane full of drunken Rangers supporters last night. It seems there is a gayball match this week in Sevilla - who knew?

The point of this is, they were total Neds, all the chants and songs, stamping the floor in time with the 'singing' and totally ignoring the crew. The pilot even came on and said he'd have the police waiting if they didn't shut up. A lot of the stuff was sectarian and would/could have been offensive to folk.

I pointed out to SWMBO that it was virtually guaranteed that every last one was a SNP voter.

huwshpis

War Hero
I had the deep joy of flying back to Malaga in a plane full of drunken Rangers supporters last night. It seems there is a gayball match this week in Sevilla - who knew?

The point of this is, they were total Neds, all the chants and songs, stamping the floor in time with the 'singing' and totally ignoring the crew. The pilot even came on and said he'd have the police waiting if they didn't shut up. A lot of the stuff was sectarian and would/could have been offensive to folk.

I pointed out to SWMBO that it was virtually guaranteed that every last one was a SNP voter.
Does it follow that the SNP's electoral success is entirely due to rose-tinted romanticism brought on by too much alcohol?

Latest Threads