Political Bollocks

Jacobus

Lantern Swinger
Whitby. Cracking night out. Even managed a run ashore from “ the steamer” many moons ago after we’d been to Hull for the Humber bridge opening. Another cracking night out.

Sumo

War Hero
It's all going pear shaped, best they start playing the hockey cockey music in parliament
Is it me, but I find it odd, that the bolickticians uphold a majority vote how ever small in parliament, but cannot do the same with the results of a public vote, maybe next general election we should all vote for green and independents, and not the Conservatives or Labour, put them all out of a job, and see if they listen then?

Waspie

War Hero
It's all going pear shaped, best they start playing the hockey cockey music in parliament
Is it me, but I find it odd, that the bolickticians uphold a majority vote how ever small in parliament, but cannot do the same with the results of a public vote, maybe next general election we should all vote for green and independents, and not the Conservatives or Labour, put them all out of a job, and see if they listen then?
Been thinking anti mainstream voting myself. Even Mrs May eluded to losing the voters in one of her speeches. If nothing else, she can see they are losing the voting public!!!!

Found this.....

Opposition to no-deal in itself is not enough. They can only stop Brexit if there is a clear majority in favor of an alternative outcome to the prime minister’s deal. At the moment, under British law and Article 50 of the European Union treaty, Britain will leave the EU on March 29 at 2300 GMT with or without a deal. This date was set in law in the Withdrawal Act that was passed by lawmakers last June.
Modify message

Sumo

War Hero
Just a thought, if we are made to have a second referendum, will it set a precedence for our favourite sports team to have a replay in the event that they lose In the final of whatever sport ?
Or a second general election, if we don't like the outcome. I.e. Jeremy Corbyn gets into No10?

Exprop

Badgeman
Found this.....

Opposition to no-deal in itself is not enough. They can only stop Brexit if there is a clear majority in favor of an alternative outcome to the prime minister’s deal. At the moment, under British law and Article 50 of the European Union treaty, Britain will leave the EU on March 29 at 2300 GMT with or without a deal. This date was set in law in the Withdrawal Act that was passed by lawmakers last June.
Modify message
After the vote by parliament not to leave the EU without a deal there is the option for the government to revoke article 50 unilaterally. Thus it is not a necessary consequence that we leave on March 29 without a deal.

On m
During a parliamentary vote, when the Speaker, John Bercow shouts "DIVISION(s)!... ", am I the only sad bastard that's just a little bit disappointed that he doesn't follow it with "HO!" instead of "Clear the lobby!"? :p
Sad bastard you are......
As an inside, never quite understood the 'Ho' thing in the mob. Always thought it sounded utterly and completely retarded....