Political Bollocks

Sumo

War Hero
Just had my popcorn delivered for PMQs...

giant-bags-of-popcorn-1471366140-list-handheld-0.jpg
have you ordered more for half time?
do you think Starmer will mention No 10 and party time?

Hot off the press, Christian Wakeford, MP for Bury South has defected to the Labour party.

Probably been said before but he was elected as a Conservative MP so should he resign his seat and stand in a by-election as the Labour candidate? If the people of Bury South wanted a Labour MP they would have voted for one.

Taztiff

War Hero
Hot off the press, Christian Wakeford, MP for Bury South has defected to the Labour party.

Probably been said before but he was elected as a Conservative MP so should he resign his seat and stand in a by-election as the Labour candidate? If the people of Bury South wanted a Labour MP they would have voted for one.

Agree.
Not just in this case but all cases, whatever the way round and whatever parties involved.

Sumo

War Hero
Another ex minister, once Boris took over

12:40

BREAKINGTory MP David Davis tells PM: In the name of God, go​

Veteran Conservative backbencher David Davis dramatically calls for Boris Johnson to resign, telling MPs he expects leaders to take responsibility for their actions.
"In the name of God, go", he adds.

slim

War Hero

I wonder if this turncoat will be the Labour party choice for Labour candidate at the next election?
I for one would expect Labour to select a Labour stalwart not a turncoat

Sumo

War Hero
I wonder if this turncoat will be the Labour party choice for Labour candidate at the next election?
he probably has not looked that far ahead, other than thinking the seat may be turning back to labour?

As I said above, it should not have to wait for the next election. MPs of all persuasions that change parties should have to face a by election.

Most people in my opinion vote for the party not the specific MP so changing sides means that the MP does not reflect the wishes of his constituency.

Dredd

War Hero
Super Moderator

And of course, he will have a written chit from his new Deputy Leader which will state that he is not in fact scum, but is now to be considered a Hero of the People, with apologies for any confusion past statements may have indicated.

As a thought, does the Conservative Party have a Deputy Leader? (Of course not - governments don't usually find an overwhelming need or desire for one)