Political Bollocks

Dredd

War Hero
Super Moderator
This is all very amusing, but here is a question - for European professional football competitions, will there be quite so strict an application of the law to a group as there is to an individual? Presumably teams will not be quite to much at the mercy of one or two who decided they did not want to vaccinate and so they get dropped, but are there any big names who in the crosshairs on this?

It will be very interesting to see where this all is in 5 years time as well.

taffscrivs

War Hero
Wimbledon could be interesting. Has The Lawn Tennis Association set any rules about unvaccinated competitors? Perhaps the governing bodies of all the various sports should ban all unvaccinated competitors taking part to safeguard other players, backroom staff officials etc. That should also include all those poncey overpaid 'soccer stars' who refuse the jab.

Waspie

War Hero
Wimbledon could be interesting. Has The Lawn Tennis Association set any rules about unvaccinated competitors? Perhaps the governing bodies of all the various sports should ban all unvaccinated competitors taking part to safeguard other players, backroom staff officials etc. That should also include all those poncey overpaid 'soccer stars' who refuse the jab.
As I see it. Professional bodies, sports or otherwise should not be the lead on this. Surely, the laws of the country take precedence!

taffscrivs

War Hero
As I see it. Professional bodies, sports or otherwise should not be the lead on this. Surely, the laws of the country take precedence!
Quite agree, did Tennis Australia decide to go their own way and hope Djokovic would be allowed in just because he is a big draw? That was my point, if all the professional bodies said no jab no play this sad chain of events would never have taken place. But as usual laws are made and some seem to think they do not apply to them as they are far too important.

Chris P

War Hero
Quite incredible. Beggars belief really. Sadly no credible opposition for years means that the SNP are never taken to task over the frankly quite appalling job they’re doing of running the country. And that’s with large chunks of Westminster money.
My echo entirely..

Chris P

War Hero
Quite agree, did Tennis Australia decide to go their own way and hope Djokovic would be allowed in just because he is a big draw? That was my point, if all the professional bodies said no jab no play this sad chain of events would never have taken place. But as usual laws are made and some seem to think they do not apply to them as they are far too important.
Good question Tennis Australia are not saying too much and my geuss is we won't ever know unless Dominic Cummings gets to work for them and then gets the arse...Novax got the same treatment as anyone else coming in without the proper requirements for entry except he had money to pay the legal proffession to try and get him through, border control are the final arbiters before entry and he wasn't the only one sent home again although you won't hear much about them not being 'BIG' names!

Ballistic

War Hero
One of the funniest bits about the Novax debacle is Nigel Farage's support for Djokovic and his fury at ...<checks notes>... a sovereign country controlling its own borders. :D

Ballistic

War Hero
271842248_10165963712755072_3808125089060665624_n.jpg

Sumo

War Hero
Cummings for Labour leader, he is doing a better job of bringing the PM down than any labour leader has done.
Boris forgot keep friends close but enemies closer.

Last edited: